Existing Member?

The World According to Trav

nov 26/ amazing day!

PERU | Saturday, 27 November 2010 | Views [386]

We left the hotel at 6 am for a two hour drive to the port that had the boats leave to go to Poor Mans Gallapolice Islands. We took the 45 minute boat ride out to the islands and i seen the most amount of birds that i have ever seen in my hole life all of the islands were completely covered with all different species even including PENGUINS! I didn't think that i would ever see wild penguins in my life but i saw them today! i didn't know that they lived in such warm weather because it was 27 degrees today and i only think of them living in snow. the only down side was that u could smell the island from two km and thats not in a good way, it stunk like bird shit. there was also many sea loins. they were on the tops of these rocky cliffs and some them you had to wonder how they got up there because they were really high up and there not very agile on there flippers on land. after that we had lunch and drove over to the sand dunes! they were incredible. they were so much more that i expected the dunes were like the ones from the movies except allot bigger up close. they are the highest elevation dunes in the world. we drove dune buggies up them and it was insane! we almost flipped on every turn. we went airborn a couple times. our driver was so good he had no fear and knew the hills. we were ripping in the buggies they were build from a truck frame with a Dodge diesel 4 calender engine put in it. they looked like tanks. and then slid down the hills on snowboards and it was so much fun! i went laid down going head first every time. the hills were giant the run was about 500 meters and some were still bigger. you could reach a speed of 80 km/hr going down the hills! my mom wiped out not to bad but bad enough that she had to get 5 stitches. she turned side ways and rolled 3 times and the board clipped her head. she was okay but we had to stop and sow her head up. i was so funny because the hospital wanted 180 sol per stitch and Ferberiso our awesome tour guide said no thats so much money so he bought the stitching equiptment  and since he was a dental surgeon he was more than qualified to stitch her up. so he stitched my moms head up in the van parked right in front of the hospital. after that we went to a beautiful lake surrounded by palm trees and giant sand dunes. it looked like something out of the movie Aladdin. and went boating on the lake and then had more fans that took pictures with me. then had an exhausting 4 hour drive back to Lima for the night.

 

About travis_anderson


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.