Existing Member?

A Hop, Skip, and an Ocean Away

The Hottest Coolest Time in Slovenia

SLOVENIA | Sunday, 18 July 2010 | Views [365]

The dinner at Josie's (the British ex-pat) on Friday night was wonderful. She played hostess incredibly well - snacks and beer when we arrived, homemade elderflower soda, homemade salami, Slovenian wine with basque chicken, salad, a cheese course with french bread and a heavier Slovenian wine, and the finale: double chocolate brownies with walnut ice cream. It was a fantastic. We played a little ping pong and became friends with the horses - Bob and Bryn. It was still pretty hot in the afternoon when we arrived, but as evening set it cooled down. And best of all, she had a real bathroom! We both enjoyed our little dinner party and a chance to hear someone else's opinion on Slovenia.

Yesterday was our day off. We decided to spend the day at Terme Catez, a resort a couple of towns away with a water park. In fact, Terme Catez is Slovenia's biggest water park. We borrowed John and Nathalie's bikes and rode about 15km. It was no Schlitterbahn (much smaller and cheaper), but it was great to be in the water. We swam, went down a few of the slides (there were only 5 total), and relaxed in the shade with our books. We even had dinner at a restaraunt just outside of the park. The pizzas were delicious! Some of the best we have had thus far. Then we began the bike ride back... not a fun ride. It was mostly uphill and we were filled with pizza. It took about an hour and ten minutues, but we finally made it back to John and Nathalie's. We ended our evening with movie night - Shutter Island. They have a projector and a white cloth so that we can watch it in the living area/our bedroom. The best part of the night though was the installation of a FAN by our bed!! It made such a difference. What a glorious feeling - air being blown on your face. Needless to say, we both slept incredibly well last night.

 

 

Travel Answers about Slovenia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.