Existing Member?

Mid Life Crisis - Kilimanjaro 2015 Challenger both Body and Mind

Taking Time out – The importance of it – Kilimanjaro Blog

TANZANIA | Wednesday, 8 April 2015 | Views [883]

Today is Tuesday 7th April, my Birthday. You may wonder why I am writing this blog but hopefully the points I am discussing will make sense, these are even more relevant today.

 

I have had a long Easter break and realised that it has been too long coming, with the last proper break being October. This is too long and definitely too long for anyone working in a high pressure role or like allot of my business owner clients, all of which are doing far more than the 48 hour working week. I think it is important to mention the need to take time for yourself.

 

I have had a lovely break, plenty of training and family time, but today I had a totally indulgent day to myself. Having booked the day off, I realised my wife and son were going to be busy, so I decided to do something different.

 

I stood back and looked at what I enjoy doing. I wanted to do something different, on my own and give myself the space to consider what is important to me.

 

I have just been cycling in Holdon forest in Exeter, having been treated to a lie in this morning.

 

This clearly fitted into my fitness / training goal but also gave me some time out, which I can recommend to anyone, especially business owners who feel they always have to be working.

 

One of the reasons I enjoy my current role so much, is I do achieve my personal mantra, which is to enable people to achieve their personal and business goals. This fits in with making a difference, which I am passionate about and hence my support for Somerset Area Cruse Bereavement Care.

 

If you would like to sponsor me, please go to https://www.justgiving.com/Tony-Mattravers/.

 

All sponsorship is going straight to Somerset Area Cruse Bereavement Care in Street, Somerset. Sponsorship is still at 34% of the target, as per last wk.

 

Thank You

Tags: challenge, charity, frustration, hard work, killimanjaro, panic, panic, summit, trekking

About tony_mattravers


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Tanzania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.