Existing Member?

Stumbling Along After a few years or travelling and then a couple years of settling down in Sweden, I'm back on the road. 7 mths or maybe forever, in South Africa, the Seychelles, India, Nepal, SE Asia...

I'm BAAACCCCKKK Bloggin

THAILAND | Saturday, 8 August 2009 | Views [469]

It has been far too long, and I have found new inspiration in my current home of Dahab, Egypt. Since I last wrote, I left australia to get my Dive INstructor certification in Honduras. I made a stop in the states where i saw the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Vegas, Yellow Springs, New York, but most importnantly my amazing baby nephew. Then to Roatan, Honduras, which was lovely, but expensive and hit hard by the economic melt-down (as were my savings in the now worthless Aussie Dollar:(  ). I then left to Mexico to become a underwater videographer. Great experience crap pay even crappier boss. Left when Swine flu hit fearing for my health, sanity and financial well-being. I then headed to Miami to visit my loverly mother and then to Enkoping, Sweden to visit Jimmys friends and family. Sweden was great, cold, but it was nice to see where Jimmy came from. We then were off to Spain for our first real instructing job. The company was crap, the town, Port de Pollenca, in the northwest of Mallorca was beautiful. I didn't want to overstay my EU visa and hurt my shots at Swedish residency, so with 10 days to spare, we fled to Egypt, where my story now begins.

We left on the 5th at about 11:00pm on a cramped EZ jet flight to London Gatwick. We spent 10 hours there, sleeping on a couch in the waiting lounge. THen it was off to EGYPT.


After a 5 hour flight, land came into view. The sun was setting, so the view out of the window was tinted with red and oranges. All you could see was the silouhetes of mountains and stretches of deserts. When we landed, the heat almost knocked me down...have to go, this is to be continued.

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.