Existing Member?

Stumbling Along After a few years or travelling and then a couple years of settling down in Sweden, I'm back on the road. 7 mths or maybe forever, in South Africa, the Seychelles, India, Nepal, SE Asia...

Life in Paradise

THAILAND | Friday, 14 December 2007 | Views [641]

Well the fun is over and the work has begun. I've spent the last week and a half busy off my feet. I dive from about 7:30 to 3 (been seeing a lot of octopuses and leopard sharks lately!) and then working from 6-9:30 or sometimes 12.

The diving is going really well. I just finished my Rescue Diver certification and am officially DMT (Divemaster Trainee). There has been a bit of studying, but things are really going to kick into high gear now. You have to learn a lot of dive theory including physics and physiology. So  I am cutting my hours down, so I can learn to be the best (and safest) divemaster I can be.

Life on Phi Phi has been good. A couple nights ago, one of the English Divemaster's fought in the local Muay Thai stadium. He got knocked out in the second round, but he put in a good effort and it was nice cuase the DMs and instructors from a lot of the shops came to support them.

Yesterday was Santa Lucia, a Swedish holiday celebrating some dead Italian woman. Who knows...the Swedish are a bit weird:) If i failed to mention this earlier, Phi Phi is currently filled to the brim with Swedes. There are and average of 3-5 in every diveshop and I would say one in every 3 tourists is a  Swede. All in all, I have always liked the swedes, and it's much better than being overrun by the English :).

Right now, I'm waiting for a couple of the instructors so that we can go on a visarun. We're going into Malaysia and then back and a night in Krabi. SHould be fun and will buy me (it's actually free) another 30 days...then if i stay (might pay off the course and go to australia to make some money) I will have to go to cambodia or penang to get a 90 day visa. Fun Fun, my life is filled with Visas!

If i don't write before, a merry xmas, happy chanuka and a happy kwanzaa to all.

Now that I am on skype, expect an xmas hello!

Tags: Work

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.