Existing Member?

Trippin' Around

Florence again.

ITALY | Sunday, 29 June 2008 | Views [803]

Still enjoying the Italian summer - we headed up to Florence on the Wednesday, and had our five hour excursion to the city yesterday. 

Em-J and I were rather boring on this trip as we had already been to Firenze and there wasn't anything else we wanted to see or do.  So we 'aimlessly ambled' over the slate tiles; shopping, eating gelato and basically getting ourselves lost.  Good times!

Our campsite does have one awesome attribute - it's one km from a lovely Med. beach.  So once a again before you can say 'Boo' Em-J, LilLu and I were in the water enjoying the salty sea. Yay beeeeeeaaachhhhh!

We have been swimming twice already at this beach, once during dusk and once in the morning before it got too hot. I tell you what, the particular beach we are at is really pretty except for the rows upon rows upon rows of 'reserved' deckchairs/beach umbrellas.  It really gets my goat that the beach is so partitioned like that.  I understand private beaches, but do you really have to sell the sand off like that? 

Oh, for Australia where the public toilets are free, it doesn't cost you $20.00 for a bottle of sunscreen and the beach is for everyone!

As I was saying before I got sidetracked - it is a really pretty beach - the Tuscan hills look like distant misty blue mountains from a time long past in the Orient and they roll into the warm green sea in a haze of blue and purple.  V. nice - better than Fumicion for sure!

We are currently in Lucca, where we are going to find more icecream (yep, I am soooo fat! =0=) and walk on top of the wall around the wee town.  Yay!

Gotta go chat to Steel, TTFN b.

 

Tags: aimlessly ambling, beach, firenze, fun, shopping

About tinka


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.