Existing Member?

The Woodies Travel

Day 60

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 15 August 2011 | Views [602] | Comments [1]

We had an uneventful drive, although again with stops for roadworks, from Hervey Bay to Forest Glen in the Sunshine Coast hinterland. The caravan park is set in attractive grounds, very like a park, and is not as full as the caravan parks we have stayed in further north. After setting up, having lunch and arranging where to stay in Brisbane and the Gold Coast we drove to Noosa. It is an attractive area with native plants used in median strips instead of all the tropical plants used in Cairns and Port Douglas but still most effective and very thickly planted. There is a good atmosphere in the main street with a variety of shops, places to eat and accommodation. The beach had the pale sand similar to Adelaide beaches instead of the darker sands seen further north, and also had a number of people relaxing and swimming even though the temperature was only 22 degrees. We walked along Hastings Street and the beach board walk, bought John a rugby top at Gazman and a New Zealand ice cream each. They seem to cater for all ages and budgets. Tomorrow we plan to revisit Maleny and Montville and other towns in the hinterland.  

Comments

1

Hi Cinny & John,
Noosa is so familiar to both of us. We have done a lot of walking there. Hastings Street is a must see, most clothes etc are a bit more expensive than other places. John & Jayne have a lovely place nearby, near some lovely restaurants. Again rather expensive. You stayed at Hervey Bay, and I think Pam & Brian were there in their caravan. Probably more than one caravan Park there. They were impressed with where they stayed. Keep on enjoying yourselves!!!! It is going to be 14 tomorrow.

  Jenny & Peter Aug 16, 2011 6:12 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.