Existing Member?

The Woodies Travel

Day 26

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 15 July 2011 | Views [215]

Today we visited Bowali and Warraadjan Aboriginal Cultural Centres where we learned more about the traditional life of the aboriginal people and their current lives, art and ways of managing their land. When we arrived at the Cooinda Caravan park we were greeted by a fellow owner of a Traveller caravan who introduced us to his friends who also own a Traveller and happen to live in Belair. The highlight of the day was a magnificent sunset Yellow Water Cruise where we saw a huge range of bird and other wildlife. To our birdwatching friend, Ian in England, if you haven't done this then you must do it one day. On our boat we had an entertaining and a very Normal 0 false false false EN-AU JA X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} knowledgeable guide who with the help of a trainee guide spotted many birds including four different types of kingfisher and other wildlife. The photos for Kakadu do not do it justice.  

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.