Existing Member?

The Woodies Travel

Day 22

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 13 July 2011 | Views [140]

This morning we went to the Territory Craft Gallery near the Museum & Art Gallery but they had a limited range of items. Our next stop was Framed a large, privately run gallery that had a range of different art items including paintings, jewellery and textile items, all quite expensive. The final gallery was Nomad located in the Parap shopping centre which was interesting to me as when I lived in Darwin when I was in grade 7 I lived in Parap. The shopping centre had a nice villagey feel and the gallery had some interesting fabrics and also baskets made by the aboriginal women using traditional materials and dyes. The Jeep had an oil change this afternoon so we had to spend some time at the Casuarina Mall. The one big mistake of our trip so far was a visit to Mindel Beach markets. It was like the show bag pavillion on the first day of the Royal Adelaide Show and the traffic jam was even worse. Advice to any one planning to attend - get there very early, park near the exit, take your own chairs and be prepared for a crowd.  

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.