Existing Member?

The Adventures of Whales 4 1/2 months with a newly wed couple in Southeast Asia Jan 9th 07 to May 17th 07

In Krabi, Thailand

THAILAND | Saturday, 20 January 2007 | Views [530]

Our last night at Koh Samui we walked through a market/carnival and finally came across fried cockroaches and other bugs. No we didn't eat them, but im sure some time along this trip we will.

After returning the motorbike and checking out of our bungalow, we took a taxi to the pier and walked in the pouring rain to our boat. It took about two hours for us to sail to the Surat Thani port, where we hopped into a teeny truck taxi with two Germans, and another Australian/Indian couple who we tagged along with for most of the evening. We were dropped off at a tourist center and the boys (Elijah and Nick)went to find tickets to Krabi, while me and Dia stayed at the drop off. From there we piled into the pack of a 1/4 ton pick up and were left in the middle of no where. About an hour goes by and a bus show up with some of the same people who were on the ferry with us??? But we think we paid less than they did. Three hours later and we are in Krabi, and the place we decided to stay is adjoined to a questionable joint. So once again, the boys head out and find a better place.It was late, so we stayed in an apartment like room.

Today we found a guesthouse called Mr. Clean's, so we are staying there. It is the nicest place we have stayed and the cheapest- 200B. The walls are painted and even have picture/murals.

Krabi, so far has been pleasant and is becoming more and more adorable. One great highlight is that I found a place where we can ride horses on the beach-(dont tell Love). So we are looking into that.

We dont have any photos to post but we will next time.

love you all and miss you so much,  D&E

  

Tags: On the Road

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.