Existing Member?

The Adventures of Whales 4 1/2 months with a newly wed couple in Southeast Asia Jan 9th 07 to May 17th 07

If your having a bad day, Read this

MALAYSIA | Tuesday, 20 February 2007 | Views [1861]

We have all seen a movie where some unfortunate guy falls through the floor of some cheap motel, yeah? And he lands right next to the naked newly weds.
I can only tell you a few things about the character that falls through the ceilling, he is German and he is Drunk. But this is what he looks like.
And no he is not laughing, he is actually in quite a bit of pain/shock at that moment. Not as much as he should be (BECAUSE HE IS DRUNK), but he will feel it plenty later.
Alright here it is. On this trip so far Danielle and I have only woke up before 7:30 twice, and one of those times was this morning. I wanted to get up early so we could get tickets to go into the KL Twin Towers. Some how I woke up at 7:30 and jumped in the shower. As I was showering, Danielle thought that I would appreciate if she woke up and started getting ready. When I finished my shower I went back to the room where Danielle and I started talking about our day. Then in a moment it sounded like the roof was caving in. We both cowered against the wall as the ceiling above our bed gave way to a human body moving at the speed of gravity.
As soon as I saw that it was a body crashing through the ceiling, I had two instant reaction. One was to put out my arm in a protection type move, the other was to release the most girly scream I have ever heard.
The man landed right in the middle of our bed, in the sitting position. And we where wide eyed and naked like two little field mice cornered by a cat. I am not sure what the first words where but all the German could get out was "You guys are so lucky!", while I'm thinking "Dude, You are so unlucky".
After we made him put a shirt over his head so Danielle could dress. Then all the backpackers came to see and take pictures. One girl told me that she heard the crash but it was the "girl's" scream that made her think a bomb had gone off.
The German was drunk at 7:45 in the morning and decided to try and climb up to the pateo area on the roof. So stepped out over our roof jumped up and grabbed the ledge above. When he lost his grip he fell back to the roof that could not support his weight, then half of him hit a concrete ledge 5 feet down the other half hit the hanging ceiling in our room. And he fell through, and I'm sure he is in a lot of pain but he did not break anything, and I think he will be paying for the damages.
Other than that, it has been rainy so we saw Ghost Rider on one of the worlds largest IMAX screens and got a chance to play in the empty theatre before the movie started. We also witnessed a few costumed dragon dances in celebreation of Chinese New Year. We visited the Batu Caves, where hundreds of Hindu's come to offer food sacrifices to there many idols. The monkey like to steal the grub, so we got a big kick out of entertaining them. We also waited forever to enter a Muslim Mosque.
This city has been dreary and at times difficult to be in, so we will leave tomorrow.
We miss you all
Love , E&D

Tags: Misadventures

 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.