Existing Member?

The Adventures of Whales 4 1/2 months with a newly wed couple in Southeast Asia Jan 9th 07 to May 17th 07

Motorbike Mania

THAILAND | Friday, 19 January 2007 | Views [882]

The big fat super budda freak

TRY DRIVING A MOTORBIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE STREET!

On top of that, there's no speed limit, and 1 1/2 lanes going each way- which both cars and scooters drive on!

Asians make our video games because they want us to experience what its like driving in their country.

Yesterday we rented a motorbike and drove all along the coast of Samui. Traffic really wasn't that bad and people are very considerate. There is a high level of mutual respect here. We both feel very safe-even in Bangkok. The people here have a very humble disposition, which is probably accredited to their belief in buddah.

While we were on our motorbike "race" we stopped at a beautiful temple and a man told us the story of buddah by the emaculate 5x5 paintings on the wall. 32 of them! then he asked for a tip and donation which we thought was kinda funny. We also went to a grocery store-the first one yet!- and picked up donuts, French bread and milk. The bike ride altogether took 2-3 hours. It was a blast!

Today we will get tickets to leave the island- hopefully. But we dont really know where we are going, i guess we'll decide on the way there.

We love you all so much and have enjoyed being able to talk to a few of you over the phone. thanks for all your support and prayers.

Love D&E

Tags: Adrenaline

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.