Existing Member?

The Adventures of Whales 4 1/2 months with a newly wed couple in Southeast Asia Jan 9th 07 to May 17th 07

what better for 2 nuts than a coconut

THAILAND | Tuesday, 16 January 2007 | Views [522]

Swinging in the Sand

Welcome to our humble a-bungalow:

Yesterday, after waking up to the sound of the waves crashing on the beach, we set out on our 2 1/2 hour trek to find a cheaper, better place to stay, that we had come across on the internet. It was the first time we had to carry our packs for an extended amount of time. Our first stop was part of our normal routine: breakfast and internet. The food here on the island is more Americanized and less scary. The people here are also much friendlier and helpful to whites and travelers in general, so that is encouraging. After that we walked all over the place, asking about 1/2 a doz or so people for directions, finally we ended up at a nice place called the Lamia Beach Resort-400 baht a person. Well! we thought it was 400 baht a night! which crosses over to roughly US $11. So, we started our journey back from wence we came. Exhausted, sweaty, and half way back we took a truck taxi the rest of the way.

After we booked afew nights at the New Hut Bungalow, we enjoyed our first cold, sweet milkshake...you have no idea how good that little thing was. Chocolate and peanutbutter never...never tasted sooo good!

We played in the ocean for afew hours, competeing who could collect the best rocks, coral and shells. Then walked up and down the beach to find dinner. The first place we stopped was selling sea food dinners with rice vegie, free salad bar, a BAKED POTATO and a whole array of things for 45 -60 baht a meal. ($1.20) beat that! Unfortunaley it was per 100kg of meat, so we decided to pass. Instead we ate at the restaurant next to our new home. While we were on our excursion to find dinner we also found a coconut that Elijah broke open and carved a hole in. So we've been snacking on that also.

We still have yet to decide where we will head to next, but we are thinking of locating a mission compound and doing some stuff there.

Life here is sweet, but we miss you all terribly and wish you were here with us.

Love , D&E    

Tags: Relaxation

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.