Existing Member?

Celebrating LIFE on the road, living in the moment Traveling in search of ocean views, great fun, some exciting interactions and new adventures.

Nova Scotia Wine contry and Anapolis Valley

BELIZE | Sunday, 30 September 2012 | Views [300]

Our arrival to Halifax was a little later than we prefered but as a result business was slow at the car rental spot so we got a great deal on a rental. Right up the alley especially since petrol is so pricey here. Our first tank took 86$ can to fill the tank! Our first day in country was spent driving in circles in Halifax for a while, not intentional but certainly purposefully. Once we felt we knew where we were we headed to the Puget Sound area. We got a little bit of a late start but the day was a beautiful cloud free day. We took the scenic route visiting arcadian country where we learned more about the sorrow Wordsworth wrote so eloquently about in his poem to Evangeline, we visited a couple of wineries and then made our way to Halls Harbor. A small little harbor situated on a curve in the road where the tide is dramatic. They have a web cam that shows in a 24 hour loop the differences between low and high. Very dramatic since this is a day of the full moon. We went off on a search for the Look out road and Baxter falls hoping to see both but only making it to the Look out. Folks here are truly and genuinely nice to silly tourists and very tolerant of tourist behaviours, like our propensity to loose our brain when traveling, as witnessed by the tourists who cross in the road in front of a vehicle and then act surprised to see a vehicle in their path! the nerve. But these NOva Scotians' laugh it off good naturedly. We had a full day and ended the day with a visit to the local pub trying a bit of the local brew and watching the throngs of working canadians celebrate the start of the weekend. A good time was had by all. Well off to bed now so we can leave early to catch the blue nose II launch in Lunendon.

 

 

Travel Answers about Belize

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.