Existing Member?

A Year Without Ice Cubes One year through Africa and Asia

INDIA, HERE WE COME!!!

ETHIOPIA | Wednesday, 25 March 2009 | Views [555] | Comments [3]

Last minute posting at the Addis Ababa airport (omg the internet connection is AMAZING!!!!)  Well, we are off to another continent...hopefully with faster internet and less bees.  Haha, I keep telling everyone at the airport who looks at my passport, "Look, it's my birthday today, see?!"  The immigration guy even sang to me.  Ahhh, what a glorious, glorious day.

I'm gonna miss Africa, though, particularly Ethiopia.  Great country.  Great people.  Great food.  But it is time to move on...

SO, I hope to find some super fast free wireless as soon as we land in Mumbai and upload all my photos and videos from the past 2 months.  Keep you fingers crossed.

Signing off from Africa...

Comments

1

Namaste!

Your Uncle Larry is probably going to be emailing you ALL the time (and be envious all the time) while you are in India. The adventure continues....and I just called Gramma to encourage her to get back on the computer and try emailing you on her own!)

A hug....Aunt Lynn

  Aunt Lynn Mar 26, 2009 5:04 AM

2

I am looking forward to the pictures!...and to hearing of your adventures in India. I hope you are no where close to the Monsoon season.. :-) I know you have heard aabout Abigail's experience 'living in the airport' during the floods. ha I hope you have a wonderful flight and great first days!

  gail Mar 27, 2009 9:10 AM

3

I'm already jealous. I got your intended itinerary (which will probably change) from your Mom. Suggestion: travel by third class rail for daytime trips. It will be squishy crowded, but you'll meet real Indians and really taste Indian life, non-Westernized. If you'll be travelling at night, go by first class (A/C, private room, comfortable bunk beds, higher cost)so you can sleep, and you'll meet highly educated Indians. In either case, have a great time in the world's largest democracy, the birthplace of two of the world's great religions, and the paradoxical home of a truly ancient culture and evolving high tech society. Rural India is the best! Ask me questions, if so moved. I was stationed for 2 years in Kundeshwar village, Tikamgarh district, Madhya Pradesh, teaching village-level food production and water resource development, 1968-70.

  Uncle Larry Mar 29, 2009 8:39 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Ethiopia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.