Existing Member?

Suz and Cath's travels :)

Kaikora

NEW ZEALAND | Tuesday, 8 December 2009 | Views [380]

Mum, we are alive!

Today we left Christchurch and headed North to Kaikora. Only one stop along the way so we got here before lunchtime :)

This afternoon we walked around the town and found a cheap supermarket (we NEVER seem to be able to find the cheap ones so we were pretty ecstatic!). We spent some time relaxing at the hostel (which is pretty nice- spa and sauna and a big pool with a massive deck all around it). We just got back from the beach (which is rocks, not sand) where we had fish and chips (fush and chups??) because we had heard that the fish and chips here were voted the best in the country... they were pretty good, but the seagulls thought so too- they were actually swooping down and stealing the food out of our hands!! A lady sitting near us got her whole ice cream taken... it was pretty funny seeing a seagul fly past with a whole cornetto in its mouth!

Well better go- net time is nearly up, i will try to reply to some comments before it cuts out!

suz

xox

 

About suz_cat


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.