Existing Member?

Suz and Cath's travels :)

Boring bus trip to Wellington

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 26 November 2009 | Views [433] | Comments [2]

Mum we're alive.

Today we caught a bus to Wellington. the highlight for me was a toasted sandwich at a place we stopped at on the way.

at one point we drove through the desert and encountered a dust storm, saw a giant gumboot, and stood on a big hill and looked at the whole city of wellington, which was kind of cool :)

this afternoon we went to a museum. Pharlap's skeleton was there in a glass case and the caption accompanying it implied that he was New Zealands greatest race horse. pffft. From the museusum i also learnt that to save a rare species of birds that exist only in NZ, scientists here developed a sperm catcher that they wore on their heads to obtain sperm for their breeding program. it was pretty funny watching birds mate with some old guys head!

Off to the south island tomorrow!

Love Cat :) xx

Comments

1

Miss you! Hope you had a good night in the city!

  Dean Nov 27, 2009 5:17 PM

2

Hi there my gorgeous girls! Thanks for your very entertaining up dates ....we are all enjoying them! I`ve had a very busy week this week- even had aquick trip down to Port Macquarie on Wednesday to check out a house at Bonny Hills-it turned out to be a flop so now we are back to square one.... never mind - something will come up.
Tomorrow I`m working at Vinnies from 10-12, then doing some Christmas baking at the house in town. Will probably go for a swim at the pool then go to church and home'The Duplessis family are coming out for lunch on Sunday- we`ll have a barby- keep it simple! Better go now- have to wash up the tea dishes-Michael is too tired and I think Ali deserves a night off.
Cath- could you please let us know if Dean gets that job, because Ivy Partridge has asked if she can rent the house in town.....and I told her I`d let her know in the next week or so....Better go now , love you heaps-glad you are having such agreat time...you will remember this holiday forever! Love Mum xxxxxx ooooooo

  Linda Lockyer Nov 27, 2009 9:17 PM

About suz_cat


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.