Existing Member?

where in the world is steph.... Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? -- Mary Oliver

Getting there is the battle

GREECE | Sunday, 1 August 2004 | Views [475]

Hey everyone,
so after the longest four days of my life, i have arrived in athens. lets see first i got to stop in seattle and have lunch with allie (yeah!!!) which was the highlight of my day considering my plane was unable to land in denver due to thunder storms. i got to go to nebraska, never been there before, and don't have any current travel plans to go back. we refueled and headed back to denver, where i missed my plane by less than five minutes. as in i could still see it sitting at the gate. so afer and hour or so trying to change my tickets and find my bags, i made friends with the baggage people who invited me out for margaritas and got me a hotel for the night on alaska. i met a guy who went to college with rob parsons, apparently rob was even in his wedding. the world gets smaller everytime i go somewhere. (jennifer when you see rob next, tell him chris from the rolling hills bar and grill says hi!) i lost count on how many people i met just coming back from their cruise in alaska and how many where going......
the next day i spent the whole day at the denver airport, not fun. but got on the flight to london. which unfortunetly skirted a thunder storm for about 45 minutes to an hour, not much fun. but got to london, found a hostel, looked at the time and it was four pm. so i gave in and did what any good tourist would do and rode the double decker bus tour and the river cruise, it was great got to see a lot. ate dinner at an indian place, and got to bed late that night, to get up early to go back to heathrow, which was a mad house. my flight got delayed for numerous reasons, and after what felt like forever i finally landed in greece. there was a bit of confusion, but i found the people looking for me and after waiting for two hours got to my apartment around 1030pm, exhausted. got to sleep in today, but start work tomorrow. had dinner near the acropolis tonight, saganaki and lamb like a good greek girl. well i best be off, it is sunday and we have to catch the train home early. more later!
cheers, ~steph

Tags: Adventures

About stephhef


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.