Existing Member?

Slavic Trails

Mumbai/Bombay

INDIA | Friday, 21 May 2010 | Views [507]

I have only a couple of Days in Mumbai before heading to Goa.

After one day here, I doubt I'm gonna see much more tommorow. The city centre is nice but the tourist sights are few and far between. Its actually the 1st place I've been to where I haven't been stared at by everyone I walk past on the street.

The main sight in the centre is the Gateway of india. A big gate that sits in the harbour. I saw it.

After that I wandered around for a bit (the layout is very london-esque), befor going to the prince of wales museum. It costs 25 rupees for indians and 300 rupees for foreigners! Imagine if we tried to pull that shit in England! 

After the museum I took a few pics of ginger people to pass the time. Indians seem to dye their hair when the start to go grey.....The examples I have are NOT a rare sight.

I got a few pics of people on the train on my phone too. Not to high on safety, the doors of the metro remain open at all times. People hang out of the door to get prime position for getting of at their station. Also, bizzarely the carriages sre split for men and for women. Though women have a choice to trevel with the men if they so wish. 

Maybe I'll see something new tomorrow. If I do I'll post it up

 
 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.