Existing Member?

Slavic Trails

San Francisco

USA | Monday, 18 January 2010 | Views [271]

So we ended up in San Francisco. There had been rumours circulating (started by either Derby or Bob) that there were storms brewing awaiting our arrival in the sunny state of california. The first hit before we reached San Francisco but it wasn't going to end there.

As for the city I texted Mona and asked to find out a place to stay, she recommended the cheapest place in the homeless area of the city. We decided to stick to the area but went and booked into the most expensive place of the whole trip. After having drinks in a bar in the area, and getting to know the homeless we decided to venture further afield. We had a few drinks in a Chinatown which was good banter. THe day after we went to Fishermans Wharf and visited Alkatraz.

Derby said he wasn't feeling too good so opted out of the Alkatraz tour (which, incidently, was a pretty good tour) as it turns out when we got home derby had fashioned himself a handlebar moustache.....

Due to the sheer amount of Tramps and given the poor weather, San Francisco did not fair too highly in the chart of places visisted- definately a relegation candidate. When it was time to leave we drove over to see the Goldengate Bridge and then left.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.