Existing Member?

Travelin Tales a journey of rocks, dust and probably lots of animal poo..........

Day 7 - Kilimanjaro - The whole cow

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 21 September 2015 | Views [377]

'I slept like a happy fat baby girl (with sore feet and a cough) - and a full one... afterall - I've eaten an entire cow!'

This morning was tough. Not physically (or not at least that bad) - but emotionally.

I've really bonded with my boys, enjoyed their friendship and trusted their decisions over the last week.

We have a quick and warm brekky and pack our duffle bags for the last time and leave the tent for the last time.

Our boys are lined up, Ben at the helm and sing us a mash-up of all of the songs they have been singing to us along the way. It's both uplifting and sad at the same time.

We do the formal part of the ceremony  (tipping and speeches).... and put our backpacks and walking poles in place for the last time. 

Decending through that lovely forrest, seeing the blue monkeys again, I walked with William most of the way. Chatting about everthing from politics to religion (all the good stuff) and this is even before I knew we had a new PM.

It's still a tricky decent, my bodys sore, and in some ways I just dont want the magic to end. But... it does of course we we arrive at the gate at Mweka a few hours later.

Everyones quiet - we line up the to get our certificates to say we've summited and hopped in the van with our porters and gear.  It's a short trip back to Moshi, where we say our final goodbyes to the boys. 

I'm a mess.

I can't thank the guys enough.

I've been on a thousand journey's but not one like this that the people touched my soul in a way that has seriously changed my heart.

I can't say goodbye.

Just thankyou and see you later.

I will love Kilimanjaro and it's people for the rest of my time.

I can't even end this write up! Lol - i just don't want any of it to be over. 

And it won't be.

It's in my heart now.

 

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.