Existing Member?

Travelin Tales a journey of rocks, dust and probably lots of animal poo..........

Day 1 - Kilimanjaro - Jambo Jambo

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 21 September 2015 | Views [254]

Soooo - the official guide said 'after completing the necessary registration formalities at Lemosho National Park gate, we drive through varied farmland with open views over the plains to reach the Lemosho Road head. It is an easy day of walking up a small path through beautiful and lush forest. We camp at Lemosho Forest camp (2,650m) 2-3 hrs walking.'..........

In reality..... After being picked up from our hotel by a van filled with 12 male Tanzanian strangers (who all seem terrified to have two white chicks in the same vehicle as them) we drive to the registration gate and have some lunch while our guides (William and Ben) sort out the van and the porters. We then drive on through a very bumpy and dusty plain (lucky I wore a sports bra) towards  the starting point, and saw a bunch of Zebras and Giraffes hanging out togther just off the track (very cool). And then we reach the gate..... all I can say is.... my FitBit registered 15,945 steps (yep easy walk you'd think....) but 215 FLIGHTS of stairs! Pa - this sh*tted all over the 1,000 steps... the forest was lovely though.... lots of interesting birds and Blue Monkeys galore! Day one down - and I'm feeling pretty sound about the whole thing. Basic drop loos, tent to sleep in and a decent meal, toooo easy. Met the chef 'Ali' and his SUPER cute assistant and waiter 'Praygood' (yep - that's his name).

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.