Existing Member?

On the Loose So, Here I go!! I will add updates frequently with pic's so you can all live vicariously through me!! and join me whenever possible- Love and Peace to you all, I will miss you, hoping to be back soon with a whole new life!!

Day 3

USA | Wednesday, 5 September 2007 | Views [379] | Comments [1]

So I stayed up pretty late last night trying to find a hotel room in Toronto for the weekend, Damian from the Landmark Forum called me today to tell me some info and give me directions etc...He also mentioned this weekend is the Toronto Film Festival!!! Ouch!!! So I spent hours searching the web and have been unable to find a room....


So slept in this am and spent more time arguing with hotwire, trying to get me room to go thru..after about 10 times gave up, jumped in shower and got chased out the door by the maids. So went down to the shores of Lake Michigan..looks like the ocean to me- been there done that, not even good enough for a picture..soo sad,did however find some outlet stores and shocking I know, I stopped in!!!  Bought a few items at the j crew store for travels, jumped back on the road around 230pm,not sure how far I will get today?....331 miles to Bay City Michigan.

So Bay City is a cute little town on the water, there was an outdoor concert going on down by the water with what looked to be the whole town hanging out, Dirty Dozer something band??? Drove around the town until I came up with a place to park near a restaurant. The Old City Hall restaurant, cute place, had a yummy grape tomato and mozzarella, olive salad with a balsamic vinagarette and then a artichoke and goat cheese cheesecake  with rasberries, blueberries and strawberries and crostini, soo good and some great  Michigan wine.  It was also at dinner when I realized I was going to have to miss out on the best part of Michigan until my next trip thru as I will not have time to get up to Traverse City this time...I would love to get up there and visit some vineyards, like Ciccione Vineyards, (Madonna's dad), my friend Barb went to visit and said it was really great.

So ended up in Saginaw for the evening at a lovely Motel 6, glad I have me travel sheet and pillow...really don't sleep well at those places, icky and kept getting up all night to check the car...and the wifi was sub par, very frustrating trying to book a room or find info as it kept dropping the link..aaargh

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

knew the travel sheet would come in handy!!
miss you

  heathershockley Nov 9, 2007 3:14 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.