Existing Member?

On the Loose So, Here I go!! I will add updates frequently with pic's so you can all live vicariously through me!! and join me whenever possible- Love and Peace to you all, I will miss you, hoping to be back soon with a whole new life!!

day 2

USA | Tuesday, 4 September 2007 | Views [419] | Comments [1]

So got up and left Gretna, NE pretty quick, back on the road...much more refreshed today. Hoping to travel another 500+ miles today. Entered into Iowa and learned they have fabulous Rest area's on the highway....maybe all they have..but keep that in mind if you are traveling, they all have wifi free access, how cool is that for a rest area!!! and very clean and spiffy, park-like, so sad I buzzed thru Iowa so quick!


Tried to kill some time and go into Davenport, Iowa, unable to really find anything very interesting, killed 2 hours driving around down near the Mississippi and the quad cities...what are the quad cities??? Saw some impressive houses high on the hill above River Drive, that is about it....jumped back on the highway and into Illinois.


Had forgotten what TERRIBLE drivers they are in IL!!! could not wait to get out of there, so bypassed Chicago..seriously that bad!!! almost had 2 recks in about a 45 mile span...not my doing.... good bye


Into Indiana- Drove thru Portage and poached some internet from the comfort in parking lot and tried to find a reasonable rate for a hotel...not happenin..would have chilled and slept in a rest area had I been in Iowa..no such luck in Indiana. Called Mom and Dad and they googled and orbitzed and made suggestions until I landed in Michigan City indiana at a Red Roof Inn...should have hit a camping ground...hate blowing $$ for a skanky bed.

Did a little cruise to find somewhere to eat...ended up at Rozini's, thought it was Italian but ended up being greek...way too much food.. Asked the server if there was anywhere I needed to see before I kept going..she said no...bummer... I will venture down to Lake Michigan in the am just to see it and probably visit the Indiana National Dunes..why not-

just realized my j button is not really working, and also that there is no spellcheck-so just figure it out and forgive my fingers....

Later for now-

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

Glad you were in the motel - good to hear from you... that's a neat way of communicating with a lot of people....got to go I'm in charge of golf today - beautiful "FALL" day. Love, Mom

  Mom and Dad Sep 5, 2007 9:13 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.