Existing Member?

On the Loose So, Here I go!! I will add updates frequently with pic's so you can all live vicariously through me!! and join me whenever possible- Love and Peace to you all, I will miss you, hoping to be back soon with a whole new life!!

Leaving La Digue

SEYCHELLES | Friday, 14 December 2007 | Views [981]

dec 14
Last night I spent at Tarosa...the open air bar on the beach at the jetty, there was a nice reggae band playing and tons of locals and dancin...good times....nice way to spend the last night.

Have I metioned the Takamaka trees yet??? they are a fruit tree that grows abundantly here in Seychelles and the make rums from them...I believe there are either 3 or 4 flavours or colors of the rum...and it does strange things to you when you drink alot of it.....  Ok on to the fruit bats and flying foxes....every night at dusk the air fills with these HUGE bats...they look like big birds but are definately bats...Think the batman logo....was assuredly a fruit bat...and flying foxes, looks like the fruit bat however it has a brown furry head that resembles a fox...trippy...and no I did not see these creatures only after drinking Takamaka!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and you will find bat pate and roast flying fox SR80 on the menus around town.

Elodie and I took the ferry from La Digue over to Praslin and then the big Cat Cocos ferry to Mahe, there is an inside airconditioned room with tv's all over playing a movie...we watched so comical movie about africa and this chick from new york and a guy being stranded and their adventures and run ins with animals.....it was pretty good, we only saw half as the trip is only 1 hour...I was glad for the distraction as I tried not to focus on the guy walking up and down collecting barf bags from people...it is a bit tippy and lots of people were getting sick..I was more feeling sick from the thought of people barfing and the possible smell....good distraction with the movie.

Made it to Mahe and Elodie took a taxi to go to her conference,she said Unisy her sister would be by to get me.  And I knew her straight away when she pulled in, they look alike, and get to her home and another sister is here...they are all very beautiful..11 kids in the family..The eldest sisters daughter is getting married on La Digue at Source D'Argent next Saturday, Elodie showed me pictures of her daughter's wedding there last year...just amazing...she married a german man and lives in germany now.

Tags: Philosophy of travel

 

 

Travel Answers about Seychelles

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.