Existing Member?

On the Loose So, Here I go!! I will add updates frequently with pic's so you can all live vicariously through me!! and join me whenever possible- Love and Peace to you all, I will miss you, hoping to be back soon with a whole new life!!

Felicite and Ile de Cocos

SEYCHELLES | Sunday, 9 December 2007 | Views [570]

Felicite and Ile de Cocos
12/9/07
This morning as I was having breakfast Andy called for me to see if I wanted to go out for a 1/2 day today....sure why not....I had to meet him at the jetty at noon.  We took the boat 1st over to Felicite and anchored off shore.  I jumped and and right away I saw great fish, so colorful and different than one's I have seen before.  Andy jumped in and took my hand and led me around and showed me soooo many more fish!!! He is a free diver, just like a fish...he dives way down to the ocean floor and stays there forever.  He swam and caught a tortoise swimming along the floor and brought it to the surface for me to see and meet.  We saw gorgeous angelfish and surgeon fish of every variety and clownfish and tiny bright blue fish, just as I was being completely amazed Andy said this was no good, there were alot more fish and much clearer at Ile de Cocos...wow...So he asks if I can dive down...sure I say, no problem, yah no problem until I get halfway to where he is and my ears are about to burst!!!  ok than.....so he goes to the floor and grabs a starfish and brings it up to me...soo cool to hold.

We all load up and boat over to Ile de cocos a beautiful little granite island, huge granite boulders and beautiful blue waters and a huge coral reef.  The reef has been killed by el nino but is starting to come back...it is piles of hardened dead coral.  Andy was right, the water is clearer and there are sooooooo many fish I am soo amazed.  We see so many types of fish everywhere we look I cannont keep up...fish, tortoises,coral, urchins, octopus,sea cucumbers, pencil fish of different kinds, schools and schools of amazing colors....soo crazy  I have never been snorkling in a place with so many fish, just loads of them and like 40 or 50 types...you name the fish I bet I saw it...unbelieveable. I had given up on the underwater camera thing as most of the time I have been there have not been that many worth getting a picture of, or the water was too murky, not here...all I wanted was a damn underwater camera because no one would ever believe what it was like...no need for scuba here.  

We hung in the sun on the boat and than dove off the bow and went to explore the island.  the beaches are filled with shells and coral...on the way in I got stung by a jellyfish, felt like a piece of seaweed brushed over me and scratched me and was burning....Andy says it was a jellyfish and the itch and sting would leave in 25 minutes...scary  he was right...we collected shells and climbed granite and then headed back on the boat for the rocky ride back to Praslin and then to La Digue..such a great day...Andy says I can have a free trip with them this week once I get my underwater camera...yippeee.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

 

 

Travel Answers about Seychelles

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.