Existing Member?

On the Loose So, Here I go!! I will add updates frequently with pic's so you can all live vicariously through me!! and join me whenever possible- Love and Peace to you all, I will miss you, hoping to be back soon with a whole new life!!

Praslin to La Digue

SEYCHELLES | Thursday, 6 December 2007 | Views [689]

Praslin
another dinner and night hanging with William and plans for him and his cabby friend he met to pick me up in the am and head by ferry to La Digue.  another fine and yummy meal with lots of wine .....

12/6/07
Off to La Digue, William and cabby were late...william had to go buy his coco de mer..very rare and very expensive...also supposedly if you drink the juice in it you will be 10 years younger....casbby asks my age but william answers with his...I hadn't asked but guessed in his 30's..he is only 31...we get to the jetty thinking we would eat and get some seybrews but a boat was leaving and we jumped on...quick 30 minute ride over to La Digue.  WE get off to a little town around the jetty and stop off for a brew and cheese sandwich, one of the locals calls Elodie at Le Diguoise where I will stay and she had a taxi come and get us...William was going to go on to his place but I made him stop with me and said we could go find it and then go to the beach.

La Digue is GREAT...small little roads lined with shops, guesthouses,restaurants and business', everyone rides a buike as the island is small and easy to get around, there are 5 taxis and hardly any cars...some oxcarts but that's it.  My guesthouse is gorgeous, set inland in this tropical paradise, recommended by Dave and Aimee who had just come from here, it is just as lovely as they said...WE drop our stuff and head out on bikes to explore, we travel all over on the island the gate to anse source de l'argent, the most beautiful beach in the world id closed so we travel on, we travel up a hilly road with nice houses to Grand Anse...it is Amazing...the nicest beach I have seen yet in anywhere I have been!!!  It is huge and clean, all white sand and huge waves and gorgeous rocks on either end of the beach...so cool!!!  William and I were the only ones there and swam awhile and got rolled by the waves and then watched the sunset, we were amazed at how beautiful it was there..

We went to dinner at pension Michel also run by Elodie, there was no menu we were just served...which I love as I am able to try things I probably would not have ordered...we had octopus curry over shave coconut with lemon and frsh fish rice and coleslaw salad thing...it was so good, we had a bottle of cabernet/shiraz chilled.....never had red chilled but it was so good on the hot night....went from there on bike in the dark to Chez Marston a hoppin little place on the way to the jetty, we had some coco de mer liquor and another bottle of wine, met some locals and headed to the jetty with some seybrews...William got to hear the way and theory of life from his new rasta friend and was pretty annoyed at the break in our "romantic evening....not my fault!

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

 

 

Travel Answers about Seychelles

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.