Existing Member?

On the Loose So, Here I go!! I will add updates frequently with pic's so you can all live vicariously through me!! and join me whenever possible- Love and Peace to you all, I will miss you, hoping to be back soon with a whole new life!!

Praslin Island

SEYCHELLES | Wednesday, 5 December 2007 | Views [709]

seychelles is amazing.  I took the bus around praslin and was able to make it all the way around the island.  The last stop left me a 1km walk up and over a mountain to a beautisul beach called Anse lazio. Unlike the rest of the beaches on the island this one had surf...carshing gorgeous surf, white sand and cooler water, it was perfect.  I spent a few hours `getting rolled around in the waves and lying on my tiny beach blanket in the warm soft sand.  Parched and a bit hungry I headed to restaurant, the tables were all full, so I took a couch near the bar.  Sitting at the bar was a single guy.... I had seen him earlier walking the beach...a rareity here...all couples...so he was there smoking and drinking and we spent about an hour looking at each other before he came over.  He was from Belgium...we hit it off and talked and drank Seybrew, the local beer all afternoon, suddenly we looked around and everyone had gone...There was one couple who had just come from the beach and they had towels from my hotel...so I said hello...and they were the honeymoon couple Chitra had told me about the night before.  Dave is from DC and Aimee from London but moving to DC.  I had told William, my belgian friend that there were no americans in seychelles and here was dave...then another couple walks up and as unbelieveable as it might seem, they too were from the us....Seattle...ok I look like and idiot....

We decided to hike back over the hill and try to catch the last bus back to the other side...look hot hike but fun watching the huge fruit bats in- the sky.  on the other end there was a bar...yay seybrew...we thought we had missed the last bus, but just as we got our drinks 1 pulled up, the bar guy said it was ok because he had to go to the top of the hill and would come back down and get us...we tried to catch pictures of the fruit bats...quite comical.the bus was even funnier...the guy was on the last run and speeding like a freak down these tiny narrow roads, too hard to explain but the 4 of us could not stop cracking up and holding on for dear life....The bus climbs these huge steep hills, Dave was making the sound of a rollercoaster ride lifting up to the first peak.....then we would lift our arms and head down....no lights , no guardrails, lots of speeding.  We made it back to the hotel and William left to his hotel and we all went to shower and than meet up for dinner.

Great night..had gambas..a dish kinda like scampi but different...and lots of wine....then we bought out the bar of seybrews and took it out by the pool, where aimee and I decided to take a dip...nudity is not allowed in the seychelles!!!!!
pretty soon we were all in the pool and searching for the southern cross, as dave was singing, "when you see the southern cross for the first time, you understand why you came this way..."tooo fun..so sad Dave and Aimee leave tomorrow for Mahe, William and I will be on Praslin another night before heading to La Digue.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

 

 

Travel Answers about Seychelles

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.