Existing Member?

On the Loose So, Here I go!! I will add updates frequently with pic's so you can all live vicariously through me!! and join me whenever possible- Love and Peace to you all, I will miss you, hoping to be back soon with a whole new life!!

Firenze

ITALY | Saturday, 17 November 2007 | Views [465]

Firenze
So I am a little tired today, was going to head on down to Siena but decided to stop and rest first and drop my bags in Florence. Found an adorable place with Carmel and Pino...and Carmel has a very familiar accent even after 26 years here...she is stilla Bostonian from the North end at heart!!!!!!!!!!!

The place she and her Italian husband run is lovely...I have a cute room on the 1st floor with antiques and lovely paintings and her apartment upstairs has a gorgeous terrace and is open to go hang out..as I have been. She invited me out to dinner with she and her sister who is visiting from Boston and leaving tomorrow...yay..what fun...

I hung out with them this afternoon trying to teach her new parrot Leopoldo to say Ciao!!! and he did!!! so funny. There is also a neighborhood cat here who has his own cat door and visits and lays on the beds when you leave your room open...some long italian name I need repeated a few times before I remember....so soft tho.....

The bird is very jealous of the cat and freaks when you pet it!!! he is sooo funny and very smart!

Went out to dinner at a great lttle place, not where we had intended..the first place was too busy, where we went..I need the name..was nice. It was Carmel, Janine, her sister visiting from Boston and Beth a friend from Boston now,who lived in Florence and then in Rome and has become friends with both sisters. We had a great meal, yummy app's and a bottle of red and a bottle of white.. I had penne with pumpkin and gorgonzola..very good.

We went to 3 bars after dinner, the first, Slowly, to get mojito's...they looked fabulous but it was very busy, crowded and hot..so we went next door to Loonies and they had 2 guys singing a Dylan tune...kinda blah...so on we went...got some good pics of Florence on the way...and then to Tabasco...the gay bar....very interesting...but the best time...we got there early..before 1am and had some drinks, danced and watched the show...always a good time!!!!!!!! Very fun night!!! Fun to have great people to hang with and hear their stories and jokes...goood one's Carmel!!!

When I write my chapter of our book I will write about you and the fabulous Hotel Bargellino!!!!!!!

Tags: Laughter

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.