Existing Member?

On the Loose So, Here I go!! I will add updates frequently with pic's so you can all live vicariously through me!! and join me whenever possible- Love and Peace to you all, I will miss you, hoping to be back soon with a whole new life!!

Leaving Vernazza

ITALY | Saturday, 17 November 2007 | Views [467]

Vernazza to Pisa to Fiernze
So managed to get my luggage carried down all those steps by a chivalrous young man...also one of the couples I had run into a few times in my 2 days here, can't remember his name...but it was Buddy this morning!!!

Went over to the Blue Marlin for my fried eggs american style before heading out on the train....but no cook had come in yet...out to late last night....kidding..Stefano got me a cappuccino and orange juice and then I went to check email..and met Massimo...the owner of the blue marlin and kindest man ever....we chatted and chuckled and he was working on a letter to the mayor of town to tell them he would be shutting the restaurant on Monday for a month, I made it just in the nick of time...He hugged and kissed me and then when he saw me with my bags he ran over to say you are not leaving Vernazza???  He offered me his home to stay while he was out of town...and had some boys to introduce me to as he could not believe I was traveling alone...Got another big kiss and hug and a Ciao bella and free breakfast...He is so kind and warm I almost could not leave I enjoyed him so.

Vernazza is a lovely town...everyone knows one another and they cruise the streets, you see the same little old men sitting on benches,making the rounds saying hello, the cats are all community cats and wander home to home in and out being fed and cared for.  the laps they do are called passeggiata...or strolling lazily thru town..
Laundry hangs out windows and if you look out you will see people in those windows watching the world below...it is fabulous!!! so long for now...on to La Spezia and Pisa

Tags: Friends

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.