Existing Member?

On the Loose So, Here I go!! I will add updates frequently with pic's so you can all live vicariously through me!! and join me whenever possible- Love and Peace to you all, I will miss you, hoping to be back soon with a whole new life!!

Leaving Italy

ITALY | Monday, 19 November 2007 | Views [498]

Fiernze
Got up and reorganized my bags and packed 2 bags full of stuff to ship home. Went down to Trattoria Fibi place Carmel and Pino Recommend to guests and I know why...food is good and very reasonable and cappuccino cannot be beat! Had my american fried eggs and a cappuccino and tried to get the fresh squeezed orange juice but they ran out,,,the other group staying at the Bargellino had beat me there and there were like 12 of them and they all got a big glass......bummer...they are from Arvada and Colorado Springs, they were also at dinner last night at the same place! I like seeing families taking their kids abroad and having them see other cultures and the beauty and age of Europe.

Julie and Dan...take a job with GM overseas...you can always go back...but what an experience for you and the kids...

Headed out to the internet train after bumping into Pino at Fibi. Internet Train is like the McDonalds of Internet in Italy...they also give you boxes and mail packages for cheaper than the post office...not sure if that is true but did lighten my load by close to 10lbs for a whopping 64 euro!

Now to the train station to make reservations for my trains this afternoon and tonight to get back to Amsterdam...this time I asked for the sleeperette chair instead of the2 private room and my reservation went from 188 euro as I paid to go to Barcelona..down to 15 euro...hell ya I will sleep in a reclining chair! Got my tix and hopped on the old red doubledecker bus for a quick tour around Florence before heading off. It is a bit more spread out,or so it seemed this morning with only 2 hours left so the bus was a good option. Beautiful day and Beautiful city!!! see pictures....

Back on the train at 1:15pm until 8:46 tomorrow am...yippee..actually get to get off and switch trains 2 times...

Tags: Friends

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.