Existing Member?

On the Loose So, Here I go!! I will add updates frequently with pic's so you can all live vicariously through me!! and join me whenever possible- Love and Peace to you all, I will miss you, hoping to be back soon with a whole new life!!

Vernazza Cinque Terre

ITALY | Thursday, 15 November 2007 | Views [780]

Vernazza, Italy
the 3rd city in the Cinque Terre, right on the ocean and very old. Luca, one of the locals here got me a room, he thought the guy I was looking for was to expensive, I think he just wanted to rent out a friends room!! I said I was looking to Tonino Basso because he had an elevator..oh and I forgot internet!!!!!!! I told Luca a place with not alot of stairs...where does he send me?? up this windy skinny staircase about 10 flights high!! Thank God he had Andrea meet me and carry my bag...I would have freaked! Not sure how I will get it down...Andrea!!!

So `Luca`also tells me 80 % of the people who visit Cinque Terre are americans, and here because of the write up by Rick Steves!!! And I HAVE seen more Americans here than anywhere I have been....JUst about every other person here is american...Wierd...but the area is gorgeous and old and small fishing village, cats everywhere, in and out of the shops,saw 3 out on the stones near the ocean

I am at Ristorante Gambero Rosso on the ocean having a lovely spaghetti dish with clams and mussels and tomatos, the house specialty..it is delicious! Drinking the local wine made here in Cinque terre,will show you pictures of the vineyards later...

I am going to try to find the Blue Marlin bar, it is suppose to be the happenin place.....ha..actually they are suppose to have wifi and I was cut off when the other place closed at 7 and kicked me out! Did go into the lovely old church in town,big stone church on the ocean, and theywere having a service so I stayed and listened to all the women speak in Italian...not sure where the men were??? Italian American club or something...haha...it is thursday night...

Will head back to my wierd little apartment,full studio,stove,oven sink refridge,washer..wierd little place..whatever..the experience is what I am here for

Tags: Adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.