Existing Member?

On the Loose So, Here I go!! I will add updates frequently with pic's so you can all live vicariously through me!! and join me whenever possible- Love and Peace to you all, I will miss you, hoping to be back soon with a whole new life!!

Lake Como and Milan

ITALY | Tuesday, 13 November 2007 | Views [522]

Como and Milan
Hopped the train from Lugano on a gorgeous fall morning and headed over to Como for a walk around the lake.  As you will see from the pictures it was gorgeous!!  Loved just cruisin around ...left my bags at the train station and just  went walking...it was lovely and peaceful.  Strange to see palm trees alive in this weather, although it was beautiful today....

Milan....started out not to nice at the Milan Centrale train station, having a remodel....went around and around trying to find someone who could give me a map or point out my hotel, my first real pain in the ass day, I had to deal with 1 pain in the ass italian.  Anyway...things got better,got to my hotel....a lovely Hilton that I got a deal on at hotwire....took a shower and found out that my assumed free wireless was not in fact free and really 23 euros for 24 hours....bummer...

Headed to Duomo....beautiful and glas I came at night ..much more dramatic... I guess Da Vinci's Last Supper is hear too not sure if I will get there...eating at a Mom and pop pizzeria, just had fabulous spaghetti pomodoro and a fun 1/2 bottle of Bonarda  by Luciano Broga a sparkling italian red...yum   oh ion Lugano had Cannonata??? very nice red.......

gotta hop a train back to my hotel after I find my way back to Duomo...Wow!!!!   also under construction tho......

Tags: Adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.