Existing Member?

Shagger's Sheepdog Safari An insight into the journeys taken by a young pup as he traverses across the oceans in an attempt to find... something?

South USA

USA | Thursday, 7 June 2007 | Views [803]

Hi all,

Sorry about the slackness of my posts but I’ll try to update as best I can.

So after the east coast I headed off to Nashville, TN. via air. Stayed at a nice hostel/house way outa town. I only stayed for a night as I was meeting up with the gang from Atlanta the next day. However, I still managed to hear some of the worst western karaoke that anyone could hear.

Dave, Britain, Matt, and Dale picked me up in flash flooding conditions and we made our way to Kentucky and the Derby. The Derby itself was just a big drinking session for everyone else but us it seemed. I've never seen so many 'blokes' getting tanked up on girl drinks - mint dollops. Check out some photo's from Dave's web site. http://didjidave.blogspot.com/2007_06_01_archive.html

We had a great week in Kentucky at Britain’s parent’s house. Her dad took us out to breakie at the gas station for some biscuits and gravy. Saw a horse stable/farm, went on a distillery tour of Woodford Reserve, and saw a bunch of other stuff there.

Moved on to Atlanta, where we stayed at Britain's house for a few days. While the guys were looking for a van to buy I checked out a bit of the Atlanta scene. The Martin Luther King Jr. area was fairly cool and interesting to see a bit about the segregation laws.

After a couple of days the guys bought a car and a random girl at a bar in Atlanta named it Tomato Rex, aka T-Rex, a 1998 GMC Safari van for those playing along at home.

Fallon, Myself, Matt, and Dave very early in the morning agfter the derby.

Fallon, Myself, Matt, and Dave very early in the morning agfter the derby.

Tags: Trippin around

About shagger


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.