Existing Member?

Travel Scholarships - Travel. Experience. Contribute.

Travel Scholarships 2008

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 26 September 2007 | Views [9176] | Comments [24]

What are the WorldNomads.com Travel Scholarships?

World Nomads are passionate about travel.

We have created a Travel Scholarship program to provide passionate individuals the opportunity to further their skills through professional
mentorship, in the fields of either travel writing, travel photography, video documentary filmmaking or podcasting.

We know that there is no better way than to learn on the job and no more valuable experience when it comes to learning than having a professional in that field guide you. We're absolutely passionate about not only keeping our World Nomads travelling safely, but also about providing opportunities to get the most out of their travel experience. For some, that is a desire to combine their love of travel and a chosen career and we want the Travel Scholarships program to be a stepping stone to achieve that.

You could be filming in India, recording a podcast in Thailand or writing a story from a mountain in Nepal. We'll continue to partner with the best travel companies, to provide amazing travel experiences and high quality mentors to help you learn and share your experiences with the world.

 

Click here to register for the mailing list

 

Comments

1

Hi! I am a fourth year college student from the Philippines. I love the outdoors and am a mountaineer. Also, learning about different cultures and languages is one of my interests. I speak English and Filipino, and know a little of French and Italian. I stayed in France for a month for a study tour.I am also into photography and am starting to learn lomography; though I still have to hone my skills.

  Mansy Abesamis Sep 1, 2007 8:05 PM

2

Hey! I'm a first semester university student from the United States. I decided to do my first semester abroad and I am currently studying in Perth, Australia. I then plan to take part in an internship in New Zealand and work for a time until my second semester begins back in the states. I have also done volunteer work in Nicaragua. I am an amateur photographer and I enjoy writing about things I am passionate about (like travel). I think this scholarship could be a great opportunity for me.

  Laura Miller Oct 30, 2007 11:44 PM

3

Hi, i am a first year student at PIC photographic imaging college. My 2 biggest interests and ambitions are to become a professional photographer and travel the world.
Getting a Scholarship this big and rewarding would be a dream come true and the endless opportunities would be amazing.

  Jade Johnston Nov 1, 2007 9:49 AM

4

Hi all,

Thanks for your comments and interest. Make sure you register your interest above and you will automatically be sent information about our 2008 scholarships as it comes to hand.

  scholarships Nov 1, 2007 10:57 AM

5

mabuhaY! (LONG LIVE!)
I'M A FILIPINO.A PHOTOGRAPHIC ARTIST. AND I CONSIDER MYSELF A TRUE-BLUE BACKPACKER AFTER FINISHING MY THREE-MONTH LONG BACKPACKING ADVENTURE IN SOUTHEAST ASIA AND SOME PARTS OF CHINA, VISITING NINE COUNTRIES WITH A VERY MEASELY BUDGET IN MY POCKET. AND SO THERE! MY INTIMATE LOVE AFFAIR WITH TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHY WAS BORN!
CHEERS!

  jetro rafael Nov 1, 2007 11:39 PM

6

I'm a student of Asian Art, Film and Design who has just finished her Bachelor of Arts with double major in Asian Studies and Art History and Theory, and will be doing Honours in the coming year. I speak Chinese fluently, can read a little and know a little Japanese, which I could speak at a primary school level once upon a time (grandmother's influence).
I'm Australian, a Sydney-sider, have travelled a bit within Australia and overseas - Germany, India, China, Singapore. I fell in love with the possibilities of photography in the last year and have since then been honing my skills through a photography project with other friends in my industry area.

  Aili Li Nov 8, 2007 9:16 AM

7

travel. connecting cultures, that's what its all about!!
hi everyone! I'm a final year student in Biomedical Science in New Zealand who just finished army in korea. Yeah, that's right! I'm a Korean soldier wanting to travel the globe and find "peacekeeping" missions, which I have done for 6 months in Iraq. That was a great experience because this place was considered to be a very unique part of the world destination yet enabled me to see the common things in culture. Now my nomad personality is encouraging me to combine my skills of acquiring foreign languages with the passion to learn about indigenous cultures to write about the emotions I have felt and shared during this scholarship expedition. Oh, the blood of nomad is running through my veins!!!

  steve chae Nov 10, 2007 10:18 PM

8

I am a sophomore in college and fluent in German. I hosted German exchange students my senior year of high school. Now I can't wait to go see them in Germany. We remain close friends. I plan to study abroad in Germany a full semester now. I appreciate culture and being able to use my language skills.

  Laura Valdmanis Dec 2, 2007 6:59 PM

9

I am currently doing a Bachelor of Science in Nutritional
Therapy. I believe in helping young children(orphanages). I have already done some missionary work in Malaysia last year, and I would like to do more but do not have the finances to do more work overseas.

I want to educate, encourage, motivate these young children to meet their nutritional needs and requirements.

I am a diverse Australian who has been influenced by many different diverse nationalities (of people and friends). I love traveling I believe I could have a great opportunity to change the lives of these little ones. Because they are our future.

Thanks heaps.

Bianca

  Bianca Cunningham Dec 12, 2007 3:27 PM

10

I am from Turkiye and took my master degree on museum studies and now I am working in a museum project in Turkey.

In fact I worked on intangible cultural heritage and my question is how to safeguard intangible cultural heritage by using museums.

I would like to know if I have a chance to come and join a short time education & work programme in your country.

I am looking forward to hearing from anyone can help me.

Best,
Esra Cankaya

  esra cankaya Jan 11, 2008 9:39 AM

11

Hi, i am a third semester university student from Bandung Institute of Technology, Indonesia. I am currently doing a bachelor degree in civil engineering.

I speak English and Indonesian. I interested in culture and heritage history also its language of some country in the world. I also an amateur lomographer who taking some photoes in intereting place. I do love visual art. But i also learn and play music espesially in classical music and marching band.

I am looking forward this.

Regards,
Hary Noor Baetana

  Hary Noor Baetana Jan 15, 2008 4:16 PM

12

hi, am in my second year at catholic university of eastern africa in kenya. currently undertaking a degree in social science.

i have been involved in voluntary work where university students all over the world come to volunteer in kenya as a form of cultural exchange and fostering international peace and understanding. meaning i currently have friends from all the continents of the world.

this will be a good opportunity for me also to have a fast hand experience of other people lives in their own countries and promote world friendship and understanding. i speak English and Swahili and have a strong interest in photography to.

hope to hear from you.
best regards
Herbert.

  Herbert Ochiri Jan 15, 2008 9:01 PM

13

I'm a junior in college for Mass Communications in the U.S. I've traveled to Kenya three times on mission trips. I enjoy producing short documentaries as well as doing photojournalism about the mission work. I speak English and a little bit of Swahili. I'm excited about the opportunity to apply for this scholarship. I hope to continue to educate people about other cultures and people groups through the work that I do while encouraging volunteerism in others.

  Bethany Jan 22, 2008 1:48 PM

14

Hello, I am a singersong writer in Australia and I like to travel.. I am currently studying a Bachelor of Music in Audio Engineering at the Australian Institute of Music whilst pursuing a life long dream as a successful musician. I feel kinda awkward writing all this knowing full well that it would be very hard to be chosen for this event, however when there is an opportunity, I must take it.
I lead a nomadic lifestyle as a musician, street performer, writer and most of all for the pure interest of creating new and better art. I believe a pilgrimic lifestyle opens up the artist to see and feel new things, and spirits in various cultures which they may capture into a song, or a beautiful poem, photography or paintings. I believe travelling opens the eyes of the artist beyond one's own horizon, which makes this a great opportunity to unearth the deep beauty of their soul.

-Joseph

  Joseph Jan 22, 2008 11:42 PM

15

am a graduate of Bsc environmental sciences and very much interested in photography in areas of environmental journalism.
Am eger to get this scholarship so that i can travel far and wide outside my home country to be able to take more photos and enhance the awareness creation of the importance of environmental conservation focussing in what the global village will deal with this challenge.

  Elizabeth Sidi jilani Jan 23, 2008 12:40 AM

16

You would think it almost hopeless to obtain a scholarship from worldnomads reading all these comments from people who sound a little too much like yourself and describing your own passions as thier own. . . almost. Ive just started up my studies again in Oz after doing a bit of tavel and will be studying journalism, anthropology, French and photomedia (i've already completed one year at a photography college). I'm fantasising about National Geographic or just anything that will see me travel and experience new cultures, I can't stand a life at a desk.

  Kylie Beale Feb 6, 2008 3:01 PM

17

I am really delighted to know that you are offering an scholarship to do exactly what I want to do I am a Final year Journalism student at St Xavier's College, Mumbai, India. I always wanted to travel, see the world and capture it's beauty in my camera... but, funds were always the problem.
Its a good initiative, and hope it will help many students across the world. To me photography is the tool that allows me to express my self, my individuality.
Hope to hear from u
Regards
Muhammed

  Muhammed Hassan Feb 9, 2008 12:30 AM

18

What a great idea! I'll definitely give it a shot!

  janet smythe Apr 17, 2008 1:07 PM

19

Hello!! My name is Shannon, I'm a first year student at Cecil College. The two things I want more than anything in life are to become a wildlife photographer with National Geographic Magazine, and to travel!!! I am deffinately known in my town for not being able to stay in one spot for too long, I always have to be on the move, and my camera is ALWAYS around my neck! This scholarship would be the most amazing opportunity to jump start my dreams.

  Shannon Moody May 1, 2008 8:13 AM

20

Respected Sir/Madam,I,am shri sanjay sengupta,student of kala bhavana M.F.A.painting Dept.Visva-Bharati Santiniketanwest bengal India.Sir I have come toknow about World Nomads,Travel Scholarship 2008.Through net and willing to apply for it will you be kind enough to inform me whether I can apply for it or not us.I am a student of painting.
I will ever be grateful to you for your kindness

Thanking you
Sanjay Sengupta
India

  sanjay sengupta May 20, 2008 1:55 AM

21

Hai I am form Sulu Archipelago love photography and arts.I am glad to know that you are offering scholarship. I hope could avail it.Thank you

  nelson singson dino (Neldyjolo) May 24, 2008 3:47 PM

22

Hi! I am a young writer from Congo. I have a degree of letters of Lubumbashi University. I write poems, novels and short stories. I was Kenya, Belgium and so one for readings. Now, I am Germany for four months and I like to participate at scholarship. I speak french, swahili and lingala. I speak also english but a little. Thanking you.

  Fiston Mwanza Jun 17, 2008 10:11 PM

23

Hi,
My name is Jenny, wish this was around when I was a student. It combines my two loves Art & Travel. Now it is a great opportunity for my students.

  Jenny Heller Jun 30, 2008 11:40 AM

24

Hi,

My name is Vince, 19 yo. I am currently taking up Electronics and Communications Engineering at the University of San Carlos, Philippines, as a sophomore. One of my dreams in life is to travel abroad and see places and people as well of different cultures, through "student exchange programs" and/or engineering studies scholarships. I would be very grateful to avail opportunities of this sort.

  Vince Noel C. Elizaga Oct 14, 2008 6:16 PM

About scholarships


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.