Existing Member?

Travel Scholarships - Travel. Experience. Contribute.

Susannah sets off to Sri Lanka - on assignment

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 7 July 2008 | Views [2766] | Comments [1]

Susannah Palk (left), recipient of the World Nomads Travel Writing Scholarship & our Programs Manager, Amanda Byrne.

We were lucky enough to meet the lovely Susannah before she set off on her travel writing assignment to Sri Lanka. We discovered Susannah spent many of her school years living in various parts of South East Asia with her family, so travel is in her blood - but she has never been to Sri Lanka and is suitably excited by the opportunity!

Armed with her new Lenovo computer, professional guidance from our mentor Keith Austin and travel tips from Safety Sanchez, Susannah has embarked on her mission to see first hand the effects of sustainable tourism in rural communities.

Check back here to see Susannah's story unfold.

 

Comments

1

wow,,, great job!!!
i do really want to travelling around the world. but my financial condition doesn't support me as well.
i want to be like susannah, with her writing gift, she could travel to Sri Lanka and make a new experience. :):):)

  Anindya Jul 8, 2008 7:34 PM

About scholarships


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.