Existing Member?

Travel Scholarships - Travel. Experience. Contribute.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Travel Scholarships Program now open to everyone!

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 5 June 2008 | Views [5397] | Comments [4]

When we started the Scholarships program it's intent was to offer great opportunities to students to enable them to gain valuable experience in their field of study and go on to use that experience to further their career. Over the first year we have received lots of email from people asking "Why can't I enter just because I'm not a student?"

On reflection we created these Travel Scholarships to provide passionate individuals the opportunity to further their skills. So what if you're a 24 year old who couldn't afford to attend college but are passionate about becoming a travel writer? Maybe a 52 year old aspiring documentary producer who dreams of changing careers to that field for example. Why shouldn't anyone have the opportunity to develop their skills and receive training from a professional?

This won't change the essence of the Travel Scholarship program. We are still looking for the very best talent, it will still be highly competitive and you'll need to be exceptionally ambitious and keen to learn.

We want to help someone follow their dreams and then share the amazing results with all of our World Nomads.

Our first Scholarship open to everyone is the 2008 Travel Documentary Scholarship. Please note the 2008 Travel Photography Scholarship which is already running will only be open to students as per the original terms & conditions.

To get the all the Scholarship news as it comes to hand, SIGN UP TO THE MAILING LIST.

 

 

Comments

1

very happy to hear this. thank you!

  ryan libre Jun 16, 2008 4:06 PM

2

Excellent!
Your policy of change is the only constant (in other words modifying your guidelines to accomodate changing circumstances) puts you at the top of my 'good on you' list.
This is called putting your money where your heart is - the belief in including rather than excluding.

  Tiffany Jones Jun 23, 2008 2:14 PM

3

Thanks for your supportive comments. We are really excited about the Program - and happy everyone can have a go!

  scholarships Jun 24, 2008 11:48 AM

4

thank you for providing an opportunity.

  karma jigme Jul 21, 2008 3:47 PM

About scholarships


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.