Existing Member?

A Whole New World Thanks for your prayers and your support! -Josh, Mallory, Megan, and Billy

Thoughts from "Maladi"

INDIA | Friday, 20 June 2008 | Views [698] | Comments [13]

Hello everyone!

It has been incredible and at times overwhelming to consider God's love which has been shown to us through the people here as well as the encouragement you each leave in your comments.  I can definitely tell that many of you have been faithful prayer warriors because more than I could have ever imagined has been provided for us. 

Everyday we look around and see palm trees and other exotic plants with huge green leaves.  Oftentimes I will see out of the corner of my eye some large bug running up the wall and then realize that it's a gecko (pretty sweet).  The children we are "parenting" are all adorable and energetic.  Despite being confused and sometimes frustrated by the language barrier I have found that the interactions we each have with them are ones I will never forget.  I have butchered practically all of the Tamil names they told me and today I was able to giggle as they attempted to repeat my full name.  I thought McCreary was difficult to say for most English speakers but it's even funnier when small Tamil speaking children attempt it.  They roll their r's and it sounds crazy.  Mallory has become Maladi.

Today the girls were asking me my family members' names and it made me miss them all.  Lindsay - I wish you could be here and see all of this (especially the streets and villages - you would think I am the safest driver in the world compared to the motorcycles and buses here). 

Megan, Josh, and I have had the opportunity to interview some of the staff here and it is always entertaining to speak with them.  Their stories are incredible and that has been a huge encouragement.  The Holy Spirit is clearly moving in India through the IGL!

It's been great spending time with Billy, Megan, and Josh.  Megan has been putting post-its everywhere for me to find with encouraging verses and was telling Josh about another helpful passage.  Josh breaks out in Bollywood dances which are always entertaining for us.  Billy pointed out that the kids love looking at Josh since he is so tall.  Billy's been hilarious.  There have been a few times that Josh, Meg, and I have all just looked at each other and broken out into uncontrollable laughter at the comments he has made.

Overall it's been tiring but wonderful.  God is clearly moving here and continually sustaining us.  Thank you everyone for prayer!  We are hoping to get pictures up asap.

All my love,

Mallory

Comments

1

Namaste!

Welcome to India! I love reading your postings and will check them often.

Make sure to give Vanitha lots of love and give her a hug from me. Help her out when you can if she will let you.

Get some rest. Soak up what God has each day. Live this day with passion and faith.

You are covered in prayers. May you see and feel and know the presence of the Almighty today and each day.

Love you all.
em from IGL-NA

  em colledge Jun 21, 2008 12:48 AM

2

Keep smiling! Can't wait for pictures....

  Laura Tobin Jun 21, 2008 12:58 AM

3

I love your blog. It provides all sorts of countless hours of entertainment...I have pictured the "chicken" ride from Bangalore to Salem, the monkeys running around, the darling children trying to communicate with you and you with them with the language issues. I walk around with a smile on my face thinking of this amazing experience you are having. Today I asked for a scripture for you and the Lord led me to James 5:16b the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. so remember to put on the full armour of God and wield that sword and pray in faith. god delights in answering you!

I miss you Billy boy and Mallory , Josh and Megan I miss you too and I don't even know you!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo, Cathy/Mom

  cathy/mom Jun 21, 2008 2:17 AM

4

Wow it seems like the place where you are staying is really great! I am glad you all have been having good times with each other! I guess the driving has been really crazy over there! It seems that we will be hearing many stories. I just hope when you (Mallory especially) guys come home you do not drive like the people you see over in India!

Mallory.. Stephanie said that if you bring her something back she will buy you a cookie cake. haha i think that is funny!

I miss and love all of you and God bless all of you!

  Lindsay McCreary Jun 21, 2008 4:19 AM

5

Mallory (aka Maladi)--
I just met you this year and I have grown to love you already! Thanks for the update--it's fun to hear some details of things you see and experience everyday...makes you not far away. Thanks be to God that you and Megan can be sisters in Christ together in India!! Give her a hug for me.
I love you Meg!!!!!!!!!!
Mommy

  Robin Galieti Jun 21, 2008 7:15 AM

6

Maladi, I love that, I looked it up and it means beloved child, lead by the Holy Spirit! Ok, maybe not but it should! better than the history of your real name. The pictures are wonderful, i will be changing my wallpaper at work constantly. You have been inspiring all of us at home, Keep your focus on God's great works, asking Him to equip you and keep you strong. My love to you all and continue to support and lift up each other as you serve God and as He reveals His blessings to each of you. Make sure you count those blessings daily! Hugs and Kisses
Love, Mom

  Sue Jun 21, 2008 8:34 AM

7

Thank you so much for the photographs. Each one speaks a thousand words, so that makes it close to 60,000 words so far!

The pics really bring everything home and make it all so real to us. We are so proud of you.

  Jeff Tobin Jun 21, 2008 9:28 AM

8

so this is how a blog works!! wow what a fantastic use of technology. i have to tell you i read the first 3 and automatically knew it was not Mal writing because they got to the point and todays, just by seeing the length i knew it was my long last husband. miss you! love you! i'm sorry it has taken me so long to write i've been non stop working and had to get my car toed today (yea i cant spell and yea that car has officially cost me a fortune) but the blessing to a ridiculous 45 minute drive to work is that i get to spend that time in prayer and have def been lifting you up. I'm so encouraged by all of you and my faith is only encouraged and strengthened by listening to your report. i'll stop writing now cuz it could turn into a novel. i love you all very much and miss you like mad. Mal - come home to me :)

  Mel Jun 21, 2008 12:53 PM

9

Hey Billy,
sophie wrote you a letter but put it with the picture of the two women in the punjabi outfit so unless you go to that picture you won't know it is there. Happy reading.
xo, Mom

  cathy Jun 22, 2008 3:56 AM

10

Oh, sounds like sweet times. :) I'm loving hearing y'all's updates and praying for your time.

Love you, Mal!

Hannah

  Hannah Jun 22, 2008 1:37 PM

11

I am so glad to hear about how everything is going in India! I have to admit, I'm slightly jealous. : ) But I am praying for all of you and it's great to hear how God is sustaining you and working through you. I'm excited to see how God continues to pour out His blessing upon you! God is so good!

  Shamina Christian Jun 24, 2008 11:06 AM

12

Mallory -

We are living parallel lives, only separated by a few countries. It sounds like we will have lots of stories to share when we get back. So how about I got lost for 2.5 hours on the subway by myself on monday. you would have loved it - I burst into tears in front of my host family when I got home. there weren't even any M&Ms or peanut butter for comfort. Any luck teaching the girls the ANTM poses? ok, so everyone else's post was spiritual, so I want you to know that i pray for you every day and think about you in a very clingy sort of way. I hope that your heart is being molded and shaped to be more like God's each day. Wish I could be there with you!

_Sarah

  Sarah Sims Jun 27, 2008 1:49 PM

13

Mallory, Hope all is well with you and your team. I think of you often and hope you will remain safe. Please continue the good work God has sent you to do and can't wait to hear some stories when you return home. Take care and God bless. Jim Gregory Fri. June 27 8:50 PM

  Jim Gregory Jun 28, 2008 10:34 AM

About salvation_karmy

here we are

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.