Existing Member?

A Whole New World Thanks for your prayers and your support! -Josh, Mallory, Megan, and Billy

Getting to Work

INDIA | Thursday, 19 June 2008 | Views [617] | Comments [8]

Today (Thursday) was more or less our first full day of work in Salem.  Billy and I began our day with some prayer before meeting the children in the chapel.  We spent the next several hours trying to learn and remember countless Indian names, being pulled in all directions at once by dozens of little hands, and simply trying to survive stampedes of kids. 

Once the kids had left for school, the four of us were driven to the IGL office in town, where we worked on reviewing and editing field reports written by pastors throughout the area.  These reports include information about villages where the pastors are working, local church membership, prayer requests, and the pastors' personal testimonies.  I was stunned by some of the testimonies I read today - it was so exciting reading what God has done in the lives of these pastors.

Later in the afternoon we met with Samuel Stephens, President of IGL.  He discussed the outline of our trip and prayed with us.  After some more work in the office, we travelled to a nearby Christian school where we spent some time with the children living there.

Needless to say, we were all very tired by the end of the day and we look forward to a night of (hopefully) deep sleep, uninterrupted by malaria medication-induced nightmares.

Prayer requests:  that we would overcome the language barrier between us and our children, that we would humble ourselves and always show respect for Indian culture, that our eyes would be open to new ways in which we can serve IGL

Side note:  Ever since we arrived, Megan and Mallory have shown a deep desire to serve and love the women and girls at IGL.  This has been a real encouragement to Billy and me and it is a wonderful testament to their kindness and faith.

Thanks so much for reading, and God bless!

-Josh

Comments

1

Keep strong guys, God will feed you the strength and wisdom you need - you have MANY prayer warriors on your side! Love to you all. Mallory, although I put you in God's hands, you are always in my heart!!

  sue Jun 20, 2008 6:00 AM

2

Our catch-phrase for a couple of days was, "They're STILL flying!" We're so happy to know that you're there safely, and also to know that you're already deep into the work that's the reason you made the journey. We're praying for you constantly and anxiously await any & all news (and pictures!?).

  Laura Jun 20, 2008 6:10 AM

3

So glad you've arrived safely and are well into your work. We really missed you at the wedding, of course, but know that this is your call for this time in your life. Thanks for the blogs!!!

  Aunt Mary Lynn Jun 20, 2008 7:09 AM

4

Hey Billy and friends...
It's amazing to me that you're on the other side of the world and yet this kind of communciation is so instant. Prayed for you all today..that God would give you a download of creativity and love in your work, that He would protect you from bad food and water, disease, and such. Also for team unity and wisdom to stay in step with the Holy Spirit. Blessings...
Susan Hill

  Susan Hill Jun 20, 2008 12:44 PM

5

Good morning from this side of the "pond". I am certain of one thing and that it that God has a mighty plan for this trip of yours. With all the prayer I know is going up and the faith of His saints the promise is there will be much fruit. How exciting is that!!!!! Today I pray He will keep you from harm and disease and infuse you with energy and a sense of His purpose. Rest in the shadow of His wings.....and could you send some pictures!!!!!!!!!!! Love you guys!
Cathy/Mom

  cathy Jun 20, 2008 7:44 PM

6

Josh-- Thank you for your update. It pleased me, beyond measure, to meet you before you all left. You are, indeed, an impressive young man that God has chosen for this time. Thank you for going and serving our God in this way.
Mrs G

  Robin Galieti Jun 20, 2008 10:01 PM

7

Billy and all,
I am so thankful for your precious hearts to serve. I can joyfully report that the Lord has brought you to my mind many times each day to pray!! What a joy it is to be a part of such a time as this. May the Lord answer all of your prayers over and abundant that which you (and all of us) ask on your behalf and may the Lord do mighty works and plant deep seeds while you are there.
Blessings,
Anne

  Cousin Anne Jun 21, 2008 7:53 AM

8

Team,
How exciting to see what God is going to do both in you and through you. I'm sure the kids are falling in love with you -as you are them!
I'm proud of each of you for answering the call:
Luk 10:2 "He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."

  deb abood Jun 22, 2008 1:07 PM

About salvation_karmy

here we are

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.