Existing Member?

A Whole New World Thanks for your prayers and your support! -Josh, Mallory, Megan, and Billy

Vanacum! (Hello!)

INDIA | Thursday, 19 June 2008 | Views [2880] | Comments [6]

Hey everyone! We are finally here in India. After 40 hours of traveling and one exciting night in the Delhi airport Mallory, Tobin, and I met up with Billy in Bangalore. We all got into a car to travel to our final destination - Salem. The drive was exciting to say the least! We could beat any of you in chicken right now. Salem is beautiful! There is a huge mountain in the distance (billy and josh are planning a hike - mallory and i are not invited and are jealous). Yesterday was our first full day and we got the full tour of the Sharon Gardens campus (where much of IGL's work takes place). Then we went on a drive through the village of Salem and visited one of IGL's life-centers (churches). In the afternoon we went to the IGL office and met the entire staff. We are amazed by how much work IGL is doing! Our group is enjoying "India Time" - this means that when they say be there at 2 it could really mean 3 or 4. This has given us lots of time to just explore, talk and pray together (or listen to Mallory's huge knowledge of random facts). Please pray that we continue to grow in love for one another as a team. Also, please pray for our general health, and energy and enthusiasm with the kids. Please keep us in your prayers as we struggle to overcome the language barrier. We will say hi to the monkeys for you!

Comments

1

It's 2:00 AM on Thursday and we are just getting back from Phoenix, Flagstaff, The Grand Canyon and lots of other exciting adventures. The first thing I did upon coming into the house was to check your blog. Thank you for your cheerful report! All of us parents and families will check regularly for updates.

We are all so very excited for you and for what God has in store for everyone involved. What a wonderful time of growth and challenge. You will change lives, and yours will be changed as well. Keep your eyes wide open for every movement of the Spirit; recognize it for what it is and let it sink into your hearts.

Love to all,
Jeff & Laura Tobin

  Jeff Tobin Jun 19, 2008 3:51 PM

2

What a joy to hear from you, thanks for the update. I am glad you have time to rest up and rejuvenate for the great works ahead. Please remember that the blessings of your trip have already been amazing - all your parents have been emailing and praying for you. Josh, Billy and Megan: you have inspiring parents and their faith in God and in you has only strengthened my love in Christ. Mallory, love you and so many Holy Family friends ask about you daily. I am sure they will enjoy the monkeys!

Lots of love from Pittsburgh,
Sue

  Sue McCreary Jun 19, 2008 9:19 PM

3

Hi guys!!! Megan thanks for the update. I have quite a picture running through my head of the drive you had to Salem!!! So there are mountains and monkeys. I want to know more about what it looks like there. Tell Billy I need details! I am praying for you to have wisdom as you pour into the lives of all those children. It is so thrilling to know that you are being used to impart Christ's love and His Word to the next generation of Indian children. Amazing work!
Just know there is a huge group of people lifting you up in prayer each day and also know that there are 8 people who check your blog "religiously" (might i even say zealously) to hear from you so thanks for the update!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a blessed evening.
Love,Cathy

  cathy rogerson Jun 19, 2008 11:29 PM

4

We are praying that our Lord will give you strength and endurance, and enable you to communicate well with the people there, especially the children. Always be of good courage, for the Spirit of the Living God is with you! All our love to you, our sisters and brothers in Christ.

  George, Danielle, & Twins Jun 20, 2008 5:31 AM

5

God Bless you!! I am praying for your team--it sounds like you have had an exciting start!! enjoy every minute

i love you megan and miss you like crazy

love,
ur little sis

  Ali Galieti Jun 20, 2008 9:10 PM

6

I cannot tell you how happy I was to see that there was an entry on the blog!!!!!! I have been checking regularly and my heart skipped a beat when I saw your 2nd entry! God is indeed watching over you. I can hear the peace and the comfort He is providing so far--it comes through in your words. Thank you all for taking your love of Christ to this special place. I love you Meg and miss you.
Mommy

  Robin Galieti Jun 20, 2008 9:35 PM

About salvation_karmy

here we are

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.