Existing Member?

Never Too Old

Two Months and Counting

TURKEY | Wednesday, 30 April 2014 | Views [165]

Tomie, Bruce and Maryann are really getting excited about now! We each have our eVisa for Turkey, bought just the right theft proof backpacks, added a few new items to our wardrobes and have monitored the travel safety sites for both Turkey and Greece. So far, all systems are a go!!!!!

Our itinerary starts out in Istanbul and we made the wise choice of hiring a guide for 2 full days to see the top historic sites. The guide's name is Gamze, is female, native to Istanbul, is a foodie-history buff-shopper and sounds like she is a lot of fun. Can't wait. After that we will be our own guides which will also be fun, as long as we don't make our decisions by committee.....otherwise nothing will get decided.

Been reading about Turkish scams, toilet situations, when to cover up (in mosques, etc.) and proper etiquette when dealing with the incredibly polite and friendly Turkish people. We have been focusing much of our research on Turkey simply because 2 of us have already been to Greece. But don't worry Greece we will get to you later!

About sailor1girl


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.