Existing Member?

Never Too Old

We are in the prep phase now

USA | Tuesday, 11 March 2014 | Views [171]

I am taking a moment to set this blogsite up but really plan on using it more as we get closer to departing. And, of course, during our month long trip. So sstay tuned...it is bound to be more exciting later on.

Background: my best friend Bruce has a rich and varied Bucket List. For his 70th birthday (this June) he wanted totravel to Santorini and vegetate watching the sea and reading important novels. My middle sister Tomie (whi is my other best friend) and I have been there in our past, though not together. But, we agreed to go. Who doesn't love Santorini and Greece? Then, the three of us started scheming a bit and said, "Well, if you travel that far, how about adding another country to the itini??" And so, the trip to Turkey evolved. How exciting, 2 great countries, plenty of adventure and with 2 of my favorite people!!!!

Did I mention we have traveled together before? We went trekking in Costa Rica at the millenium, hoping the world would implode so we could stay there. But, no luck. It was a great trip and we have so many memories.

So far, we have our airfares, hotel reservations, we lined up a guide in Istanbul, we have a 3 day/2 night tour of Capadoccia set up and we are busy reading guidebooks, novels, poetry and the the US Consulate's website on possible turmoil in Turkey! Phrewww. Now to count the days until departure.

About sailor1girl


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.