Existing Member?

My Adventures

Third Day in Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 12 September 2009 | Views [371]

So third day started out easy and relaxing since I was waiting for my mate XOR to arrive in Sydney.  He was coming down for the weekend to just hang out. He wasnt scheduled to arrive until 1pm or so.  So just took it easy and walked around close to the Hostel.  Once XOR arrived we decided to head to Bondi Beach to check it out. So walk to the bus that took us right to the beach.  It was a beautiful day for the beach and the beach was packed as you can see from the pictures. We ended up walking to the end of the beach and stopped in at the pub for a refresher drink :-) Then we walked to the other end of the beach. For all you people in Iowa there was a guy selling corn on the cob on a stick at the beach.  How funny?  It was about 5pm and XOR and I were getting hungry so we stopped in a German pub and grabbed a .5L (liter) of beer and tried to grab a table outside but it belonged to the resturant that we wanted food from and we were going to order but they didnt like us drinking beer from the resturant next to them. So they booted us (they were very nice about it).  So we decided we wanted some mexician food which ended up being a very very long walk but we finially found one.  They let us go next door to the bottle store (where you buy beer and booze here) and bring in our own.  After dinner it was try to find our way back to the hostel.  Problem was it was so nice that all the buses were full and every time we found a cab someone would snag it just before we could.  So we got smart and grab the cab on the oppisite direction. Then we just went to the pub at the hostel.  They were having a special drink and a raffle for a weekend surf camp trip.  Wouldnt you know it the only none vacationer there and we ended up winning the raffle.  Pretty much ended the day at that pub. Time to crash for another day with XOR in Sydney.

Tags: beach day

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.