Existing Member?

My Adventures

Second Day In Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 11 September 2009 | Views [354]

Water randomly turning on from the torch

Water randomly turning on from the torch

Yeah I know I behind. Second day was pretty easy one.  Woke up, coffee and breakfast at the hostel cafe.  Typed up the first days story and ran out of Internet access while uploading pictures.  So I had to find a 3G wifi cell card.  Nice to be able to buy pre-paid fee cards.  After breakfast it was what should I do today.  I decided to go visit the Olympic Park from the 2000 Summer games. I was able to see the Olympic pool and I met the current AU medalists for diving while they were practicing.  They now use the pool to train and teach kids swimming lessons there.  After farting around the Olympics I caught the bus to the feiry back to the harbor in Sydney.  I was able to catch the sunset on the feiry ride and got some nice pics of the bridge and opera house at night.  Then another long walk back to the hotel for dinner.  But on the way I got to see how Aussies spend a Friday night after a long work week (35hour work week here sweet).  I walked past a plaza where about 500-700 people were having a beer after work.  Once back at the hostel I had dinner and met Mark for the UK. I just stopped for dinner and he stopped in for a beer.  That lasted til about 12pm and we met a couple from Australia that were visiting Sydney and drank with them that night.  Good thing Xor wasnt coming in until about noon the next day.  I needed some good sleep. Corrupting the youth of the world with now the international code of "Nice Shoes".  I was LMAO at them the whole time I was in Sydney.

Tags: sydney olympic park

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.