Existing Member?

My Adventures

First Day In Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 10 September 2009 | Views [289] | Comments [2]

Well, we landed about 6:30AM and honestly the flight was no problem at all. I actually enjoyed it.  Helps when you have all three seats in the row.  So slept and watched about 3-4 movies and that pretty much finished up the flight.  We got dinner, a snack and breakfast.  Customs wasnt bad at all since I really didnt bring anything with me. Only a few questions where I'm going and where I'm staying.  No biggie really.  Then I had to wait for about an hour for the bus to downtown, next time I'd just take the subway.  Got there and checked in to my 4 person shared room (which had all to myself)and oh yeah bring at least one towel.  After getting my room and a needed shower then I went on a town walkabout.  (No, jetlag hehe told you guys no worries for flying) Found a Starbucks and just walked along the harbor all the way to the Sydney bridge (btw thats a walk) Left at about 10-11am and got back about 5pm.  Saw alot of the different types of shopping. OH great news for everyone that knows my slippers that are ducktaped (need to take a pic of those first) but they can go out when I get home.  I have a new pair!!! About time right? hehe So once at the bridge I did the bridgeclimb and you get to climb to the top of the Sydney Bay Bridge about 450+ feet off the water.  I was a little pricey but still cant do it anywhere else.  Think that was 1300 stairs when we got finished. So yesterday was one heck of a work out. Then headed back to the room.  Stopped at all the different shops that looked interesting.  If girls want to shop then Sydney has tons of shopping malls and stores. So far the hostel is pretty nice. I have a 4 shared room but I'm the only one in it.  After all the walking and bridge climb, I just went back to the hostel to eat dinner. Food is pretty good there and priced fair.  Drinks at the cafe/pub (bottom floor of the hostel) are pretty good an priced ok (good for AU)

Tags: sydney first day

Comments

1

Starbucks and Slippers, almost like you never left home. Dont become chum

  shadow Sep 12, 2009 3:20 PM

2

HEY,You have been to more places than Aus. and USA. How about Germany, Honduras, canada, Holland,Kuwait???

  MOM Sep 13, 2009 1:02 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.