Existing Member?

Rosi & Jen's 11 Thousand Beach Odyssey Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do, then the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream...."

email home to ma and pa gorton

SINGAPORE | Friday, 29 February 2008 | Views [649]

Subject: singapore
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:54:22 +0000

Hi Mum and Dad,
 
Hope all is well and you get this email. 
 
Its been interesting, the food and the people are both nice.  I have spotted a friendly cat that told me that is was not the lunch time special so that urban myth is now busted.  I have also discovered that you can smoke a rather long cigarette whilst riding a motor cycle through the busy streets, I witnessed this today, I dont think it is something that I will try, but it is nice to know that it can be done.  The other startling thing I found is that some taxi drivers engage in the dangerous passtime of trimming their nasal hair while waiting for a faire.  You may ask why this is dangerous?  well there is usually a line of taxis behind him so all that is needed is one minor distraction, a bump from behind and hey presto you have one extra hole in your nose. 
 
We did find a restaurant?? that was toast based...that is all the food there had toast...the toast came with many toppings and was cut into little bite size bits, but it still looked like a slice of toast...I dont think I can ever go back to just a slice not in neat cube form ever again...it changed my world.
 
 
so bye for now, miss you two and the rest of the mob
 
lots of love
 
jen and rosi

Tags: Family

About rosibud


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.