Existing Member?

Rosi & Jen's 11 Thousand Beach Odyssey Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do, then the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream...."

Cranes Shopping and Airconditioners

SINGAPORE | Monday, 25 February 2008 | Views [924]

Try the bakeries of Chinatown for unending array of tasty treats that I have never seen before

This morning for breakfast  I had fishcakes wrapped in banana leaves and chargrilled.

You can buy beer at the 7 Eleven.  We did.  It’s in the fridge next to the Coke Zero.

We saw a Harvey Norman here.

Why in a city with such a vast range of delectable and diverse food is there still a McDonalds on every corner?

When you go to the toilet in a shopping centre they give you a choice of either squatting or traditional varieties.

Our room has a tap in the shower to fill the bath…but there is no bath.

We have been given 30gms sachets of instant nutritious breakfast which you just had water too.

We have three in one Tea sachets that already have milk sugar and tea mixed in to a powder

We paid $3.40 for  two breakfasts but $10 for a cup of coffee.

If you ask for a stubbie of Tiger Beer (singapore’s finest) the stubbie is 633ml.

Forget everything you ever thought you knew about the size of shopping malls.   There are more shopping malls here and they bigger than all the shopping malls in the whole of Australia.  Shopping and eating are there national pastimes.

Singapore seems to be breeding 2 things cranes and airconditioners.  They are both out of control.

Tags: Sightseeing

About rosibud


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.