Existing Member?

Rosi & Jen's 11 Thousand Beach Odyssey Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do, then the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream...."

Singaore Sling

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 24 February 2008 | Views [861]

We arrived in Singapore yesterday afternoon about 330pm.  Leaving Australia was actually a lot harder than entering Singapore.  The customs/immigration area at Brisbane airport resembled a cattleyard.  It was absolutely crazy.  However the customs staff were really friendly took one look us, realised we looked like shiny new excited tourists on a big adventure, smiled and said have a nice trip.

The flight was actually really good.  Singapore Airlines indeed lives up to its reputation as the world’s best airline. 

Making our way through the immaculately clean Singapore Airport was easy peasy.  We packed ourselves like sardines onto the MRT (train) listening to conversation about the standard thickness of inflatable cushions (fascinating stuff) and walked out of  Bugis Station into buckets of tropical Asian humidity.  I looked like the little baby chicken with the big glasses from the foghorn leghorn cartoon with my backpack on shuffling down Rocher Rd in search of our hotel.  We are staying at “The New 7th Storey Hotel” on Rocher Rd.  In a road lined with high rise buildings and shopping centres our hotel stands out as shining beacon of old time Singapore quirkiness.  The wood paneled concertina doored  lift in our hotel is operated by a little old Chinese man wearing a Hawaiian shirt.  He told us the lift is 54 years old.  The room is spacious immaculately clean and has its own bathroom.  And its cheap.   We were absolutely exhausted when we arrived and decided to have a bit of a nap before we went out for a late dinner.  We didn’t wake up until 4am.  Oh well.  We are very excited about going out exploring today. 

Tags: Airports

About rosibud


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.