Existing Member?

Adventures Abroad

15/16 August, Friday & Saturday

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 16 August 2008 | Views [410]

On Friday, after a leisurely morning with Dot, we set off for the Wirral in Cheshire, to visit our dear friend Chris. We had seen her a while back but as it was too soon to say farewell, we returned for an overnight stay.

On the way to Chris's, we had a drive through New Brighton where, as kids, we had both had days "at the seaside". Not very attractive to us as adults!! We also drove through West Kirby, a lovely town and then on to Parkgate and Chris. It was so good to see her again and Phil, her son, who called in for a cuppa before heading off to work.

Chris had invited some friends over for a dinner party - Gwyllam, Alex and Val, so we had a great night of nattering and reminiscing together, plus good food and drink. Afterwards we withdrew to the loungeroom and carried on with our talking a drinking before saying goodbye to Gwyllam, Alex and Val and going to bed.

On Saturday we had breakfast with Chris and then, around 11.30am we said a very poignant goodbye - it was very hard to leave but hopefully Chris will come out to visit us in Oz in the not-too-distant future!

After leaving Chris's we made our way to Prenton, via Hoylake and West Kirby, to visit our sister-in-law Davina's niece Sandra and her husband Mac. After a very warm welcome, we were delighted to hear that Davina's brother George, and his wife Beth, were coming as well as Sandra's brother Kelvin and his family. Beth has been very sick over the past few years and looked very frail but it was really good to talk to her again - she and George had visited us in Australia about 18 years ago, when they were staying with Don and Davina. Kelvin and Sarah, with Nick, Amy and Layla arrived soon afterwards and we all enjoyed a delicious afternoon tea of sandwiches and cake. Sandra and Mac are having their kitchen renovated and it's driving them crazy having everything in boxes! Mind you, it should be great when its finished.

Around 5.30pm we said goodbye to everyone. Sandra & Mac are planning to come to Australia in a couple of years so we're looking forward to catching up with them again then.

Home to Allan and Dot's - Allan was working until 9pm but Jeff and Lyn came round for a visit - always good to see them.

About ronsan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.