Existing Member?

Adventures Abroad

5 August, Tuesday

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 5 August 2008 | Views [318] | Comments [1]

No photos today because it was pouring with rain (wish we could send it all to NSW!).

Ron and I went with Sam to Silverstone Race Track, near Northampton. What a wonderful complex it is - we can't understand why Bernie Ecclestone has deemed it unsuitable for F1 races, which will finish there in 2010. It will move to Donington, which was built as a motorcycle race track and would need a lot of work to bring it up to scratch.

After leaving Silverstone we drove to a small village called Sulgrave    where we saw George Washington's ancestral home (Sulgrave Manor), a huge building in large grounds, plus the Stars and Stripes flying limply in the rain. Ron reckons its a wonder the Americans haven't bought it and shipped it over the Pond! We had our lunch at an old inn called The Star and then headed for Milton Keynes.

Ron and I remember when Milton Keynes was a "New Town" but that's ages ago now! It has an enormous shopping complex where we enjoyed browsing around the shops and the market outside. We also bought some Euros for our trip to Paris - very small notes, like toytown money.

After heading home, still in pouring rain, we had a nice roast beef dinner and a lazy evening watching TV. Tomorrow we're going to Hereford in the evening, to stay with Laura and Rob until Friday morning. We'll go via the Cotswolds if it's not too wet.

Comments

1

Sorry have not had time to catch up, just read all the journals, but have not looked at the photos yet. Sounds like you are having a good time, shame about all the rain. Hope you have a wonderful time in Paris, I'll be thinking of you.
My new grandson was finally born on the 25th July, ten days late, Benjamin Thomas was 4.26 kilos and 54 cm.Biggest born in my family, but all is well and Lillian is doing well also.I have lots to tell you, but it will have to wait till you come home. My love to you both and Sam. Enjoy the rest of you wonderful holiday.

Love
Jo

  johanna dixon Aug 7, 2008 12:57 PM

About ronsan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.